Ford racing vs Ford OEM part?

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Are Ford racing parts better quality, same quality, or cheaper quality vs buying an actual oem ford part? My example is: I got a price quote on 1 rear hub (oem) from the dealer for 260.00 (list) which he will discount to 180.00 for me. I also got a price quote (from same dealer) on 1 rear hub (oem) bearing for 80.00 (list) which he will discount to 60.00 for me.

I found out that ford racing has the same parts, only cheaper. The ford racing rear hub (part # M-1109-A) srp is 149.00 and the ford racing hub bearing (part # M-1215-A) has a srp of 37.00. I think the dealer will give me a discount on the ford racing parts.

Which parts should I get....OEM of the Ford racing? I am looking for higher quality 1st, price 2nd.

Black306

Established Member
In many cases, Ford Racing parts are OEM parts just repackaged. Another example is the 5-lug axle/drum kit from Ford Racing. The kit of 2 axles and 2 drums costs less than a replacement axle for a certain Ranger......which happens to be the exact same part. Another example is the Ford Racing 95A alternator for Fox bodies. It's the same alternator found in a '94 Ford Aerostar w/a 3.0L V6 and AC......just the Ford Racing unit costs less.

So to answer your question, buy the one that costs less. Chances are, it's the same part.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread