Ford Racing

fordification

Established Member
Has anyone heard of any new racing platform other then the Mustang platform? I know they never intended on using the GT for competition use, but the next generation after the production run was a possibility I heard. And they're really missing out in the ALMS series. They need to get into the game! The GR-1 was the only car I've heard that would continue production after the GT. Except it's a front engine, so the use of the GT platform would be limited, and the estimated weight was a ridiculous 3900lbs!

And what's the chances of developing a n/a dohc 427 V-10 for the 24 hour lemans? Was that concept 427 in the Cobra never going to make production? Apparently it was suppose to be lighter then the 5.4.

I'm registered on www.fordracing.com but there doesn't seem to be any info on any of this, other then scca/wrc/nhra/nascar related news.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
fordification said:
And what's the chances of developing a n/a dohc 427 V-10 for the 24 hour lemans? Was that concept 427 in the Cobra never going to make production? Apparently it was suppose to be lighter then the 5.4.

Well, here's to hoping they do :beer:

I haven't heard anything either...

Users who are viewing this thread