Ford recalls 200,000 vehicles.....so far.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Ford recalls more than 200,000 vehicles to fix transmissions

Ford is recalling nearly 202,000 pickup trucks, SUVs and cars in North America because the automatic transmissions can suddenly downshift to first gear.

The company also said Wednesday that it's recalling more than 81,000 Explorer SUVs to fix a rear suspension problem.

The transmission recall covers the 2011 and 2012 F-150 and the 2012 Expedition, Mustang and Lincoln Navigator. Ford says a software problem in a speed sensor can force the vehicles into a downshift. The problem has caused three crashes but no injuries.

Dealers will inspect the sensors. If they find no trouble codes, they'll update software. If trouble codes are present they'll replace the part that houses the speed sensor.

The Explorer recall covers SUVs and Police Interceptor models in the U.S., Canada and Mexico from 2014 and 2015. Ford says the suspension links could fracture due to poor welds.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ford-recalls-more-than-200000-vehicles-to-fix-transmissions/ar-BBskFEC?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wasn't there a thread just today on this? The guy had Paxton and some other mods? Or am I daydreaming again?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
unrelated our Explorer is making some type of racket in the right front suspension. Gotta bring it in when we have time.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
unrelated our Explorer is making some type of racket in the right front suspension. Gotta bring it in when we have time.

If it is a single "pop" when you turn the steering wheel, then it's most likely from a bad weld at the factory between two of the bumper support crossmembers that are rubbing together when flexed.

If it's more of a consistent popping or rattling when accelerating or stopping, probably a half shaft problem: TSB 14-0186

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
I took a screen shot of this article off MSN, they had a picture of a Chevy Silverado (not an ad) for the article earlier. I got a chuckle

Kiohtee

Established Member
Didn't realize my Raptor had a manual option. Can you find me one?

He already said he was referencing the Mustang in particular. :read: I gotta say though, that junk MT-82 isn't any better. At least the 6R80 is strong.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
If it is a single "pop" when you turn the steering wheel, then it's most likely from a bad weld at the factory between two of the bumper support crossmembers that are rubbing together when flexed.

If it's more of a consistent popping or rattling when accelerating or stopping, probably a half shaft problem: TSB 14-0186

rattling popping. Early on it had a bad stabilzer end link.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're more knowledgeable than I, It wouldn't surprise me if/when it happens.

I think they should've in 2013 (on the 2012's) when they began to be a problem; then they should have fixed it on later models. 2012-14's were plagued with it; doesn't seem to be an issue on the 15+.

If it were a safety concern, it would be a recall; since it's not...I doubt it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread