Ford releasing a supercar Mustang Thursday 17th

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
That's a lot of babbling words for someone with no knowledge of track day/race cars.

You're mad because they built a 2nd car you can't afford... what's your point? Should they just not bother? Do you see how much people are paying for C8z06 and GT3RS? my guess is you've never looked.

And my God, you wouldn't be complaining if you saw the sheer running costs to run this thing often and at a fast pace...

Your bucket of bullshit may be full but it doesn’t hold water.

Who said I know nothing of track day cars? Did I bitch about the GT? The Mustang GT3 or GT4? Nope! The Porsche 911 GT3RS? Nope!

Do I complain about cars like the Koeniggseggs? McLarens? Nope. But I say that a Mustang is ugly and I don’t see the appeal of paying $300k for a car that bases at $30k and you have more butthurt in this thread than Sasha Gray after a multiple TAP gangbang.

Do you guys need Asspercream?

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don’t see the appeal of paying $300k for a car that bases at $30k
If you can't see the difference and thus the appeal you have to be trying pretty hard not to. We all get how subjective looks may be but the tech cannot be denied. If you're a fan of the pony car you have to be honest about the level of performance here. It's way beyond anything the genre has ever seen.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
If you can't see the difference and thus the appeal you have to be trying pretty hard not to. We all get how subjective looks may be but the tech cannot be denied. If you're a fan of the pony car you have to be honest about the level of performance here. It's way beyond anything the genre has ever seen.

I do not doubt it will perform.

But again, ugly as sin and $300k. They took an already ugly Mustang and made it uglier.

Or maybe I forget I shouldn’t have an opinion and should blindly blow Farley because it is a Mustang.

IA Shelby

Established Member
2005/06 FGT.

20 seconds? Maybe around the Ring. 20 seconds is a shit load of time to make up on tires.
The 2004 Ford GT has a ring time of 7min 52 seconds. I fully expect it would drop below 7min 30 seconds with the latest tire technology

blk02edge

Established Member

But again, ugly as sin and $300k. They took an already ugly Mustang and made it uglier.

Or maybe I forget I shouldn’t have an opinion and should blindly blow Farley because it is a Mustang.

No, you don't understand. That I can guarantee. A simple option for you butthurt whiners is leave the thread and go buy your much better 35k base model Mustang and leave the race cars for the people who can afford them and know how to drive them.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
How would you describe the GTD to a non hardcore fan? It's a gt500 with a lot of carbon body work(a body kit? Yea sure.), Some really trick suspension, and a rearend swap. What did I leave out? Could mention the dct transaxle, but the gt500 already has a dct, so its not going to mean anything...

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
How would you describe the GTD to a non hardcore fan? It's a gt500 with a lot of carbon body work(a body kit? Yea sure.), Some really trick suspension, and a rearend swap. What did I leave out? Could mention the dct transaxle, but the gt500 already has a dct, so its not going to mean anything...

How would you describe a GT3 RS to a regular person?

How would you describe an AMG GT Black Series?

The average person has no idea what's what when it comes to any of this stuff. The leap is bigger with GTD, but you can buy a 911 for pretty much $400,000 which is almost $300,000 higher than the base model price. AMG GT started at about $120k and most Black Series cars were $330-350k.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You may want to wipe Farley’s white stuff off the corner of your mouth. Because he had you gagging and it shows.

It is now communism having an opinion about a car? Wow! Y’all are really reaching around for this aren’t you?

Let me explain something, if Ford built a 300k GT nobody would say shit if it were an amazing looking and performing car. ****, they could build a $600k GT and I would be on board if it looked as good as the last one and performed well.

The fact is that I find this Mustang ugly. It looks like something some 12 year old built on NFS Underground to increase their Rep points. It is a $300k car where the max should be $100k maybe $125 but that is pushing it.

I’d trade one of these straight up for a 2020 GT350 and a new Camry.

It is a good thing most of these will sit under car covers. I wouldn’t want to look at it sitting in my garage either.

And the S650 is a S550 with new body panels. Like the New Edge to the S95.

If you think that body is ugly and a 12 year old created it then you're just not a fan of racecars in general because of their wide fenders, big vents, and giant wings? Every GT3 racecar is built in this fashion off the road version they're based on. If you think the S650 is ugly then that's one thing, but it sounds like it has to do more with the racing inspired body.

Appears there's a misunderstanding between expectations, marketing, and reality.

I'm excited to see this car on the track as well because I really enjoy watching car races. Hope they all get raced, and not wasted on overhyped bj auctions.

For those of you who are truly knowledgable about racing, can you please help me understand and put the Mustang GTD into some perspective?

On the Nürburgring, how would this Mustang GTD compare to:
- FGT gen1?
- FGT gen2?
- Faster/slower on acceleration?
- Superior/inferior in cornering?
- Superior/inferior braking?
- More/less competitive for endurance racing?

^Or is this a poor comparison to even start with?

Anytime I see any form of car car competition with either, powered by Ford, a blue oval emblem, or Boss 500 on them, I normally root for and pay closer attention to them.

Farley still sucks.

It sounds like neither FGT would be able to hang with this car. The MKII would probably be the only superior version.

It's a GTD car for the street? They described it as being a racecar but with more horsepower and all the required safety and comforts. It's not just a number of random add-ons, it's a full package that doesn't leave anything untouched.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
How would you describe a GT3 RS to a regular person?

How would you describe an AMG GT Black Series?

The average person has no idea what's what when it comes to any of this stuff. The leap is bigger with GTD, but you can buy a 911 for pretty much $400,000 which is almost $300,000 higher than the base model price. AMG GT started at about $120k and most Black Series cars were $330-350k.
Easy, those are Porsche and Mercedes street legal race cars. Enough said really.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Is there a reason you can’t use that same description here?
I'm asking how you would do it. I'll explain it just like that and everyone will scoff at a 300k mustang. We understand it, the general population will not.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm asking how you would do it. I'll explain it just like that and everyone will scoff at a 300k mustang. We understand it, the general population will not.

The general population are mental. Who cares what they understand or don't understand?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

of course they will understand it, they just may not believe it is as good as it is, but they can go look for themselves and find out. If they don't understand and choose not to understand it then are they really that much if a car person to begin with? Does anything car related matter at that point?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Me: Have you heard that Ford is making a super mustang?

Regular Person: Ah... What? Ford stopped making cars.

Me: Right. They're making this to prove they can make a cool super car for the <1%.

RP: Ah... Ok. Prove to who? And don't they only make trucks and SUV's?

Me: Right! This car will help them sell more trucks and SUV's. This is likely a CEO pet project; a result of a CEO dong measuring contest.

RP: Ah... What? Ok, so how much is this new super Mustang?

Me: $300,000. So, you know, very few will buy it and near all will collect dust as collector pieces. Less than 10% will be flogged on the track.

RP: Ok, but why? What insano would buy a $300K Mustang when there are real, recognized super cars with social status to buy?

Me: Mindless Ford strokers, not realizing there are other real super cars not based on a shite quality pony car/SUV and to sell more F150's!

RP: Hmmm.. Wouldn't it be better for Ford to spend their limited resources on fixing their shite quality? Weren't Ford's the most recalled vehicles the past couple years? Aren't your GT350 body panels sagging and falling off?

Me: Now now... that truth doesn't sell F150's, duh. Super pony cars sell F150's.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

I get why there are those that don't favor the look, if you will. And there is much to the S650 I have questioned or do not like such as the Camaro-esque hips, the billboard dashboard(s), the interior color schemes (the blues are not my favorite). But in the same light, I dig the dual throttle body setup they came up with, and portions of the front of the car have grown on me. My gut reaction when I first saw the DH was not good whereas the first GT350 I saw was rather jaw dropping.

I learned of Project Gold a while back and honestly wasn't convinced it would ever reach fruition. If it is indeed true, Farley had a lot to do with it happening. I'm guessing that without his support it would never have come to be. I never saw Farley one way or the other but I credit him, bigtime, for backing the push across the board in motorsports. The timing could not be better considering the doom and gloom in the performance industry given the push to all things electric.

The GTD to me is the culmination of everything I have always wanted in a car. The fact that it was packaged into a car that has Mustang roots (however little that may be) is a bit of a miracle and just when it was needed too. Every square inch of the car is full of hardware that is exceptional, even on its own. So I'm pulling for this effort to be successful and I'm confident it will be. The bodywork is ****ing savage and does not hold back under the guise of needing to be the prettiest machine on the block. Thank God for that.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Me: Right. They're making this to prove they can make a cool super car for the <1%.

Me: Right! This car will help them sell more trucks and SUV's. This is likely a CEO pet project; a result of a CEO dong measuring contest.

Me: $300,000. So, you know, very few will buy it and near all will collect dust as collector pieces. Less than 10% will be flogged on the track.

RP: Ok, but why? What insano would buy a $300K Mustang when there are real, recognized super cars with social status to buy?

Me: Mindless Ford strokers, not realizing there are other real super cars not based on a shite quality pony car/SUV and to sell more F150's!

RP: Hmmm.. Wouldn't it be better for Ford to spend their limited resources on fixing their shite quality? Weren't Ford's the most recalled vehicles the past couple years? Aren't your GT350 body panels sagging and falling off?

Me: Now now... that truth doesn't sell F150's, duh. Super pony cars sell F150's.

The amount of time it took you to devise this post definitely gives off the internet troll persona.

Luckily, Ford (or any other manufacturer for that matter) doesn't give a rat's ass about your ignorant opinions.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

So this person knows that they stopped building cars, but doesn't know that they still make the Mustang?

blk02edge

Established Member

Dong measuring is what made America. This car is just a **** you to lame generic cross eyed people who don't know how to have fun.

But but but I can't afford it! *drooling unintentionally*

Users who are viewing this thread