Ford replacement parts quality issues

BSB318

Established Member
I have to replace a couple parts on my new F150 (front tow hook and cab rear wall insulation) that were defective from the time I took delivery.

I attempted to replace them today but the parts that came directly from Ford Motor company were defective as well.

The way they were packaged was terrible.

This is not the 1st time this has happened.

The same issue happened when I replaced mirror for my 2013 Mustang.

Took 3 different mirrors from Ford before I got a good one.

In my opinion Fords quality control is a disgrace when it comes to replacement parts.

Has anyone else ever had this problem when it comes to Ford replacement parts coming directly form Ford ?

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Not uncommon for new model OE parts to have issues. Most of the available inventory has gone to assembly production. Replacement parts at this point in time can often come from assembly line kickouts.

Last edited:

BSB318

Established Member
If that's the case then that's not good quality.

Until I get proper quality parts I will keep on sending them back again and again which can cost Ford money with shipping.

helli217

Established Member
Sucks that you seem to be having a hard time with your new truck. We haven't had any issues yet with ours. What was wrong with the cab insulation?

BSB318

Established Member
Here is how its bowed out from the widow base.
Should not be like that , I compared to other trucks that looked like they should.

003.JPG

It looks like crap around the press pin on the left.
Should not look like this.
Sorry if anyone thinks I am being picky but I just paid a lot of money for something new, not used.

001.JPG
002.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread