Ford should be ashamed

92LX5.0

Established Member
I dont think this car will make it over 100, 000 miles. Damn thing is falling apart after a ride around the block. Coodos to Ford , you suck :bash: No wonder people are running to Toyota and all the other non american car makers. You would think after many years of making the Cobra, they could solve the tranny grind and clunk.
Oh well, guess thats why the plant here in Edison closed down.
People just dont know what the hell they are doing. 35 grand my ass!! thank you, love Mike

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
and you felt the need to post this in the '03 forum... come on bro, you make the rest of us New Jerzians look bad!

--Russ :p

islandmon

Established Member
92LX5.0 Moose Ballz

:burn: :cryying:
stop your whining based upon what other people tell you.
Go get your toy-oughta or hunda or even better yet a Chevy.
Then you can go whine on their forum.

92LX5.0

Established Member
Im just tired of hearing about the ticking and smoking engines, the this the that. I love the stang as much as every1 here but damn man. They could have done a little more qc on the car. I have one on order too bro. Maybe when I get it, Ill come back here and say " damn!, this f er is sweet'' btw, :punch: thats for the ashamed comment............ Love always, Mike

92LX5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by 92LX5.0
Im just tired of hearing about the ticking and smoking engines, the this the that. I love the stang as much as every1 here but damn man. They could have done a little more qc on the car. I have one on order too bro. Maybe when I get it, Ill come back here and say " damn!, this f er is sweet'' btw, :punch: thats for the ashamed comment............ Love always, Mike

the look bad comment, sorry

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
eh, there were a number of times I wanted to drive my POS FORD off the cliff... as a matter of fact last night was one of those times when the upper coolant hose got all bloaded on me, it expanded like a baloon and scarred the hell out of me as I was about to go to Atlantic City (2 hour drive) and the last thing I would have needed would be to get stranded in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night... oh well! Went to the dealer and was amazed again how screwed up FORD is... the Police Interceptor blue silicone hoses could only be ordered thru Dearborn by supplying them with my VIN #, and than you're to cough up $120 bux for the hose kit which you only need a fraction of... Solution: went to a local speed shop and paid $15 bux for a Good Year rubber model, if it goes, I'll buy another one and still pay less than what FORD would have liked me to pay...

Such is life!

I used to sell Toyotas up here and believe me they got similar problems too... All cars do, especialy Chebby's!

--Russ:loser:

PS. See you at the JDM meet when you get your Cobra, eh? We're having quite a lot of them there, probably will set up a whole different section for them so you guys can enjoy all the attention... that is if you still would consider to come after I made you feel ashamed of yourself... LOL :thumbsup:

Evilcartman

Established Member
I don't have my car yet but some things I do know. The 6 speed transmission is more of a heavy duty trans than the T-5 and T-45, therefore it makes more noise. My Tremec 3550 was the same way. It weights more and has more more moving weight to it.

The bad gas stuff can happen at any gas station, including Ford.

The smoke is more than likely just new car smoke. When I worked at the dealer, I worked next to the PDI guy. Every one of those cars came in smoking with a weird smell. It's just the engine breaking in on a new car. Smell the smoke. Does it smell weird or like oil? It should smell weird.

The ticking is probably the normal tick of a DOHC or A/C drainage on the exhaust. Plus, you have to remember, these new cars have all kinds of silonoids and stuff on them. It could be the Canister purge flow silonoid or heat expansion of the iron block.

Fact is, if you have a problems, you have 3 years or 36k to get it fixed for free. If it is something that you just don't like, (loose front clip), fix it the way you want it. I will tighten my front bumper, one way or another:)

Another thing to remember, you always take a chance on the first run of any car. To many factors are involved to get it ALL right the first time. At the dealer we use to always say "Just when they get the car perfect with no recalls and known issues, they change the whole thing or kill off the car completely".

This is not to start anything, just my view of the situation. I have been saving for this car since the '98 Cobra's came out, but I just was not happy with the power until the '03. We should be enjoying these cars. I have found that the things people are complaining about are minor so the cars must be pretty nice, all in all. Besides, weak stereo's and crappy floor mats give us something to customize the cars with.

92LX5.0

Established Member
evil, good points. You guys are making me feel all warm n tingly again about the 03 :p

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
92lx-why the heck would you order a cobra if you are going to say all of this crap. C'mon, I have been saving up forever to get to order an 03 and now I might not even be able to! It just pisses me off to see someone get a car I want so badly and not appreciate it. What was the point of anything you said anyway? If you don't like the 03 than just get something else so another 03 cobra won't be wasted on you.

92LX5.0

Established Member
Kevin,

Don't be a little douche bag. I'm a ford guy, never had nothing but Ford. I just want what I fakkin pay for. It's the little pricks like yourself that lets this shit happen. You're the little cakk sukker getting SHIT for his dollar and saying or doing nothing about it. I can say all I want. I only buy American and always will. I want what I pay for.

p.s. if this car isnt what it should be, I'm gonna pick it up and beat you with it.

Love, mike.......Ya prick!

92LX5.0

Established Member
One more thing.......... This car isnt a gt40 bro, there will be more 03's than mcdonalds has big macs. So dont give me this crap about an 03 being waisted on me. If I wasnt a mustang guy, I wouldnt waist my time here being negative. I'd just say f it and buy something else................ Mike

p.s. I come in peece :beer:

E.L Marshall

Established Member
Ford has screwed alot of people including me.....a long time Ford fan.

1995 Windstar was a POS.

I feel Ford jr wants to start building good cars now..i hope.

So I'll gamble a little and buy a Ford... Again:idea:

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
Originally posted by Evilcartman
I have found that the things people are complaining about are minor so the cars must be pretty nice, all in all. Besides, weak stereo's and crappy floor mats give us something to customize the cars with.

Now that the Cobra's have reached world class power levels, you guys are going to hear a lot of this. ALL cars that perform at this level come at a price. Trust me on this....

The grin on your face when you hit the go pedal, will make you forget all of the minor annoyances with quality:beer:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
And by the way, 92LX, there is no 1st to 2nd xmission grind on the 03's like the 01's had. Perhaps that helps you feel better about the 03, too. (I had a 2001, as you can probably guess from my name, and it had that grind. The T56 doesn't.)

:thumbsup:

Rob03

Established Member
92LX5.0, Rest assured that not all 03's have problems. Mine is perfect..I picked it up yesterday and it runs like a well tuned machine..I love it...beware thought, it takes an 800LB gorilla to depress the clutch..lol.if you do a lot of stop and go driving and this is your daily driver...you will have legs (left only) like Arnold Swartenegger in a few weeks...lol

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

CWCobra

Established Member
My '03 is perfect; my '97 is perfect; my '95 is pretty damn close to perfect. Anything mechanical requires maintenance and repair. My Cobras have been exceptionally good! But then, so has my GMC van: 255,000 miles and still on original engine. Maybe I'm just lucky, knock on wood.
Peace,
CW

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
92LX---if anyone has a right to be mad here its me. I have a 98 GT. The 96-98GT's were the worst gt's ever. And the year right after I got my car is when ford stepped up and turned the 4.6 into a very resepectable engine. You know how much hp I had with all the basic bolt ons, exhaust, TB, 4.10gear...ect and a vortech supercharger? 245. Actually it was 278 after STEEDA dyno tuned it. I have had so many problems with this car. It never seems to run right for long, and thats with only 278hp. So I just didn't like how you started saying bad stuff about the cobra, you are lucky to get one. I didn't want to sound like a jerk or anything but I don't why you would talk bad about the 03. And as far as I know Mcdonalds has made more than 3000 bigmacs. And if I can get my 03, I will give you your chance to race this little prick.

P.S No, but seriously, when you get your car, I hope you don't have any problems.

eddy z

Established Member
my 03 so far is perfect.. i had it now for almost 2 weeks.. drive it everyday.. have 330 miles on it... I just cannot drive it enough...

I had a 98 cobra vert. loved it.. that car had issues.... I too was not happy with ford to the point that I wrote letters of my dissatsifaiction, ect... Then I decided to buy either a 02 Tom Henry Special Addition SS vert, which produces 380 hp at the cost of around $45,000 ish give or take.... (here is the link http://www.gmmginc.net/) or the ZL1 SS with 400 hp but that car did not come in a vert, so I cancelled my order as this car they ar going to only make 69 of them.. I had that car (the ZL1) ordered back Oct 01... I then went back to the Tom Henry car... I had my order placed with the ability to withdraw no later than Feb 1, 03....

After recieving feedback from Ford and SVT direct several times in Dec 01.... Confidence was restored.... In Dec 01 and Jan 02, certain people from SVT and Ford contacted me advising( as I told them I had the Tom Henry SS on order), we do not want to loose you as a customer,ect... Wait for the 03 release in feb 03. You will not be disappointed, ect...

With 3 trans replaced, fuel pump replaced, all 4 tires defective and replaced, all pulleys replaced, a leaky top repaired several times, and other minor issues with that 98 cobra i truly enjoyed for its sound, looks, and performance.. I decided in Dec 01 to cancel my Tom Henry order, and await for that 03 as I was advised by Ford and SVT direct, "you will not be disappointed" "this will be something we never did before".. I would give Ford another chance..

I am glad I did. this car is somehitng else.. nad yes it has a new warranty of 3 yrs/36,000 miles as my 98 did not. LOL

Hang in there.. the 03 is worth it....

Users who are viewing this thread