Ford should be ashamed

TIAMAT

Established Member
Why is everyone so suprised that these cars are having problems. The 99's had to be recalled, no 00', and 01's have all sorts of problems. This car is at the end of it's life cycle till the 05' comes out. All the money into the r&d with the 05'. Remember this: there are probably 25-50 03 cobras that are just bad ass, and out of that maybe 2 are having problems. It seems there are so many lemons because when one person has a problem, everyone tries their hardest to find the problem on their car. Remember that this cars platform dates back to 79'. Ford is giving everyone a wicked engine. The chassis on the other hand is shot as far as bending as well as rigidity. These cars are bad ass. It's a hot rod. Not a lexus. 35 grand or not it's still a mustang. Ford needs to get it's act together with QC. The future is bright for the mustang and i hope everyone loves and enjoys their 03's when the bugs get ironed out. This motor is the only thing that will go on to the next mustang, Ford just trying to keep intertest in the mustang until 05'.

silvercoffin

Established Member
you A

Your a moron man. THE CLUNK? I was talking to a vette owner about that who told me that a video tape came with his vette describing the clunk that is heard in t he vette as normal for a heavy duty trans!

GRIND? There is no grind. My 03 is so smooth compared to my 01gt which didnt grind either back didnt go smoothly into gear either.

MY 03 is AWESOME! and I am up to 1000 miles and counting.

MORON

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
If you don't have anything nice to say about a car you don't currently own, don't f'n say it. If I have a problem with my car when I get it, I will get it fixed, if it becomes problematic, then I will start bitching to Ford. I don't need someone like you bitching about a make/model car they don't own because you heard a few people had minor problems with it. Worry about yourself. You are probably the same kind of person that bitches their 03 is a month late because of "stupid qc checks."

My 03 will be here in 7 days.

I've owned the following Ford Products....

00 Saleen. It was a POS in my eyes thanks to Saleen. 16k mi when I got rid of it. Almost every problem I had was due to Saleen's f ups.

99 Explorer. Still have it, done the usual maintenance. 53k mi still running strong. I need to get the lower ball joints replaced, have the stock radio replaced, and the seat moves front to back a little. Everything will be covered under the extended warranty.

98 Cobra. Loved it. Traded it in when it had 68k mi for the Saleen. Usual maintenance. I did the e-brake recall.

95 Tbird. Loved it. Traded it in for the Cobra. Had 70k mi when I got rid of it. Replaced ignition, wires, and did the usuall maintenance.

My bro owns a 95 SHO. It's a great car, he beats the crap out of it and its still going strong. It has 120,000 miles. He replaced a few bearings in the front, the alternator, the water pump, and a few other minor things. Other than that, the usually maintenance.

He just upgraded the stock shocks/struts, springs, tires, and camber plates. The struts were tockico and the springs were eibach. What a difference in the appearance.

My cousin owned a 94GT. He had it for a year until it was stolen. What a great car that was. He currently owns a 87 GT with T-Tops. New motor, tranny, stalker body kit, paint, and numerous other things. He loves it, it has 100,000 miles. The only problem he had was the head light switch. It melted and he had to replace it. He replaced the motor and tranny because he got a good deal on the stuff and he figured he would have a problem with his motor or tranny some time down the road.

Last edited:

92LX5.0

Established Member
Yo pimpboy, like I give a rats ass what cars you and your family own and what piles of crap they are. Your pimp hand is weak brother. btw, I've waiting a long time for my car and happy to do so. Maybe all the kinks will be out of this thing by than. Now shut ya pie hole.......

:punch: Love, Mike

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Guys, please. Keep the insults and name-calling in Smack Down. We've got ALOT of people coming to this particular section of the board, from all over the internet, because of the magnitude of this car, and this petty BS needs to stop...

Now, if need be I can move this thread to Smack Down and the fun can continue...

Later

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
V

92 LX 5.0 Enough insults already. If you didn't like it than why did you buy the car. I have a 2003 Cobra Convertible and its the best mustang I have ever driven. That includes Cobras, Saleen's and Roush cars. My car engine runs like glass, doesn't smoke and has axle snapping torque. I have people waiting till late in the fall to get a 2003 Cobra and to hear the wining and bit**ing coming from you is so pathetic . If the car is so lame why did you accept delivery and deprive someone else who wanted one. I was surprized the Blue Cobra man didn't launch your ass but maybe he's just a touch more patient than I. Hey, I was just thinking I got a used Yugo maybe that will fit your budget and needs. Hey maybe you could start your own forum, Yugos and Me. :bash:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread