Ford Stripped Threads on IACV bracket. What part is this called?

Marines691

Established Member
Ford stripped the threads on the housing for the IACV, the IACV itself is fine. But the right side screw threads are stripped (the female end is bad not the screw itself) and not providing a good seal on the gasket. So it's idling odd. What is the part to replace this? Seeing how bad they stripped the threads I'd like to replace it. Thank yall.

Attachments

• 20220803_170746.jpg
    20220803_170746.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 85

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
You may have to drill and tap it for a larger bolt. That looks to be integrated into the whole inlet of the blower. That sucks. They should have to fix that for you.

You could have the hole welded in and then re-drill and tap for the stock size bolt.

Or above…helicoil is probably the easiest.

Marines691

Established Member
You may have to drill and tap it for a larger bolt. That looks to be integrated into the whole inlet of the blower. That sucks. They should have to fix that for you.

You could have the hole welded in and then re-drill and tap for the stock size bolt.

Dude ford sucks here. Held my car for a month. Said they would put inside. Sat in the 100 degree temp sun for 39 days straight. Was insanely dirty. Also they didn't even fix or do anything I asked. I ended up getting it back and having to do all repairs myself. Changed the frps, iacv, upstream and downstream O2s, checked engine health compression Injectors etc. Worked my way back and dropped fuel tank and finally found out why it wasn't running. Small crack in the fuel line on pumps causing pressure issues and idling very poorly and shutting off. Was a wild adventure. But yeah just discovered they stripped this thread too. Still finding their crap. Also found an inch scratch on my perfect paint. That's the only scratch present now on entire car.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have one Ford tech I trust. And that's because I've known him since he was 5. I'm lucky in that he's decided to become a diesel tech. So now I have someone to service my truck when needed.

Marines691

Established Member
I have one Ford tech I trust. And that's because I've known him since he was 5. I'm lucky in that he's decided to become a diesel tech. So now I have someone to service my truck when needed.
Yeah. That's nice to have. I wish I had a good mechanic friend. I need to see what's up with my wideband now on the mystichrome... it's a innovate wideband and it keeps turning on and giving me a E8 code on meter. With that E8 code it will still get proper fuel even without the wideband read out correct? Or if the wideband isn't working I need to not drive until it's fixed?

Marines691

Established Member

What size helicoil kit does that bolt use? Seeing a bunch of different kinds and I'm out of state at the moment. Want to order the quick to have her waiting for me. Thanks.

03' White Snake

Established Member
What size helicoil kit does that bolt use? Seeing a bunch of different kinds and I'm out of state at the moment. Want to order the quick to have her waiting for me. Thanks.
M4 or M5. Buy both so your ready. McMaster carr sells kits with drill bit, tap, install tool and like 5 heil coils. This will make sure you have everything ready to do the job.

I bet it’s an M5 by memory but don’t hold me to it.

It’s a very easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread