Ford SUV Stall Recall

Imperial Pose

Winning Is A Habit
Established Member
Ford Escape Stall Recall

DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. is recalling about 322,000 of its compact Escape sport utility vehicles to fix what the automaker described on Tuesday as an intermittent engine stalling problem.
Vehicles affected by the recall are from the 2001, 2002 and early 2003 model years and equipped with 3.0 liter V-6 engines, Ford Motor said.
The second-largest U.S. automaker said the stalling problem tends to occur during vehicle deceleration at speeds below 40 miles per hour.
Ford said it had received reports of eight alleged minor accidents stemming from the problem, three of which included allegations of minor injuries.
Despite the reports, Ford said engine stall on the Escapes posed "no unreasonable risk of accident or injury."

Edit: Full Text Included

Last edited:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
yet the cobras don't get a recall, even though the reflash is for the same thing.

"The second-largest U.S. automaker said the stalling problem tends to occur during vehicle deceleration."

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
I had a 2000 CliTaurus with that same 3.0 v6. It stalled on me 3 times right on the freeway as I was decelerating for traffic. Not very fun sitting in the middle of the freeway with nowhere to go. First time I took it to the dealership they said it was nothing. Second time they said the same. 3rd time my company pushed for the lemon law and the car was declared a lemon.

How many Ford models have this stall problem? I can think of 3. Taurus, Escape, 03 Cobra.

I hope this is fixed or somebody at least runs into the back of me so I can sue Ford and get me an 04 mysticrome.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Imperial Pose
Ford Escape Stall Recall

Despite the reports, Ford said engine stall on the Escapes posed "no unreasonable risk of accident or injury."

Edit: Full Text Included

Huh how is stalling at 40 mph not considered dangerous? What if that happens as your approaching one of those curved exit ramps? How is this REASONABLE?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread