Ford to produce 11 sec. Mustang for under $40k

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
Not really.............. but why couldn't they? And why couldn't GM or Dodge for that matter? I'm too young to remember the 60s when manufacturers built stripped models with the biggest engine they had in their stable for fairly affordable prices. Seems like today, the more horsepower they put in a car, the more unnecessary creature comforts they incorporate as well. They also limit production of the high horsepower cars to add exclusivity to them and jack up the price. I know there are many factors that probably prevent this such as consumer demand and emissions restrictions. Just thought I'd post the question and see how others feel about this.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Car manufacturers market cars towards the masses. Unfortunately, you're in the minority when it comes to wanting a stripped down car that only excels at mediocrity.

stellar591

Established Member
Car manufacturers market cars towards the masses. Unfortunately, you're in the minority when it comes to wanting a stripped down car that only excels at mediocrity.

I agree with you completely. Just wanted to get opinions from others in the minority.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, you had my hopes up when I clicked on this thread lol. I too wish it were like the old days but like others said, insurance would rape you.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
The Saturn Sky is nice and with a s/c to boot!

stellar591

Established Member
The C6Z is an amazing car, but take away the HUD, climate control, power seats, etc. and make it a more affordable car. That's what I was getting at with this post.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
One thing I've always thought would be cool with the ever growing Fox body fanbase would be a throwback of that car. It wouldn't be a Mustang per say but it would be a updated modern continuation of that body style with light weight, great engine versatility, and most importantly a cheap price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread