Ford to Revive Hurricane

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
HURRICANE

The Hurricane is back.

A year after Ford Motor Co. killed its planned Hemi-fighting V-8 to the dismay of horsepower junkies, Ford Americas group chief Mark Fields has put the high-performance engine back in the companys product pipeline, according to sources familiar with the project

Pudmunkies

Established Member
Ill be waiting eagerly to see if they will start shoehorning this into sedans and every other car in the line up like DCX has done. Could make things interesting!

MonkeysL

Established Member
think its kind of a bad idea right now with gas prices to pring out a 6.2l engine....they need to cocentrate on something the average person likes and can afford......and WILL BUY

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
MonkeysL said:
think its kind of a bad idea right now with gas prices to bring out a 6.2l engine....they need to cocentrate on something the average person likes and can afford......and WILL BUY
While this is true, Ford and analysts fill gas will stabilize. 255HP 3.5L V6 will take care off the latter

Coiled03

Established Member
MonkeysL said:
think its kind of a bad idea right now with gas prices to pring out a 6.2l engine....they need to cocentrate on something the average person likes and can afford......and WILL BUY

Yeah, cause those gas-guzzling Hemi's aren't selling for shit right now, are they? :rolleyes:

Steeltwo

Established Member
i'm sure if ford releases this engine, it'll have the same displacement on demand ability that dodge and GM has.

otherwise they wouldn't want to put it back into production. fuel costs might stabalize, but it won't happen for a little while yet.

just look at last week, 15 cent jump, and it hasn't even gotten into the middle of sping yet.

i'd sure like to see that big engine stuffed into a Fusion though :)

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
blksn8k said:
Would make a good engine for a Lightning... :beer:

it is orginally designed for the F-150.....they where working on the Hurricane since early 04

But then again....you know how Ford Is :nonono:

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Good move by Mark Fields. I'm anxious to see if he can deliver the goods.

Ballsy moves like this contrary to pure mathematical calculation are a good start. :banana:

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
The editing on that article was HOrrIbLe. Journalists wonder why they don't get the respect they 'deserve'. Take pride in your work.

Just cause you wrote it in 5 minutes doesnt mean it has to look like it.

Users who are viewing this thread