Ford Wiring Nightmare!

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Ford decided to play a joke on all its customers and change its stereo wiring system from 2003 to 2004. While the 2003 Cobra used "World Plug" the new stereo head unit, that LOOKS identical from the front, uses "Phase II" for its connector system.

I now have a Phatbox MP3 player that is unable to be connected to the stereo. And even though the head unit has a "CD AUX" button right on the front of it, the Visteon Dealer, and Radios and More are telling me the head unit is not compatible with an auxiliary CD changer, simply because they dont have the correct harness to sell me to connect one.

What a box of shit.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
The Mach 1000 actually plugged into the rear speaker harness fine, and sounds great. I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't heard a stock Mach 1000 so I dont know if its as good as that or not, but I like it.

I'm just frustrated with people lying to me and saying you cant hook up a CD changer to this head unit, just because they dont know how to do it. At 11am, in 15 minutes, I will call Phatnoise directly since they like to sleep late and not deal with customers in the morning. I will see if they can custom build a cable to do what I need with their phatbox. If not, BlitzSafe seems to be working on developing a harness for hooking changers to the new wiring system.

I am just sick of Ford changing things just for the fun of changing things. We were FINALLY getting some ability to improve these stock stereo systems, so they had to quickly change their plugs and grind our progress to a halt. What asshats.

Users who are viewing this thread