fore innovation triple pump setup

red gt500

Established Member
am looking to go with a triple pump set up
i understand the fore supply a fc3 staged controller and a boost switch and you will have one primary pump (running full time) and 2 secondary pumps ( boost activated) i really dont know whats best
should i put aem 320 as primery and 2 465 walbro as secondary ?
i need it to be as streetable as possible i dont any nightmares ..any help from you guys would be appreciated

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
You might want to check to see if the (2) 465's will fit the fore triple pump hat. Like wake said, if your only looking for 1000WHP then (2) 465's might be a good choice with a double pump hat.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I built my fuel system to have room to grow. I run a triple pump hat with (3) 465's using the FC3 controller and hobbs. I run one pump full time with the other two kicking on with boost. I make 976/912 on E85.

Which pump hat are you using?

Blackmax

Established Member
I ordered the Fore system and its coming with 3 465's, I looked at other systems but didn't like all the relay's etc. Fore has done lots of r&d and when I spoke to Justin Fore he had lots of info, my only concern is getting the fitting on the rear passenger rail to clear my KB blower.

red gt500

Established Member
am in the process of installing a 4.7 kb built motor
its for pump gas and c16 we dont have e85 looking for 1000 rwhp
am looking for something that i can drive i dont want a set up that's noisy and heats up quickly

Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member
am in the process of installing a 4.7 kb built motor
its for pump gas and c16 we dont have e85 looking for 1000 rwhp
am looking for something that i can drive i dont want a set up that's noisy and heats up quickly

I'm in the same boat you are but only going to run C-16, 1000hp is low for that blower. I am using a boost switch so the pumps do not run continous and heat up the fuel. I can't believe anyone installing a 4.7 Blower would bring noise into the equation. If your car is set up for track it must already be noisy as heck.

red gt500

Established Member
I'm in the same boat you are but only going to run C-16, 1000hp is low for that blower. I am using a boost switch so the pumps do not run continous and heat up the fuel. I can't believe anyone installing a 4.7 Blower would bring noise into the equation. If your car is set up for track it must already be noisy as heck.

lol good point
its not a track car what so ever just want it to be as steetable as possible

are you running 1 full time and 2 boost switch ? and how is the driveability ?
and what level did you chose 2 or 3 or 4
sorry if am asking to much just wanting to take as much info as possible before purchasing it

TORQJNKY

Which pump hat are you using?

I have Lethal's triple pump hat. I initially purchased Lethal's fuel system, but decided to used the FORE pump controller instead of the relay's that come with the Lethal kit because it's a lot cleaner set up. I also wanted decided to do a parallel return set up instead of the dead head setup like Lethal's is set up for. So my hat is Lethal's, fuel pressure regulator is Aeromotive, fuel rails are BPS and hoses fittings and FC3 with hobbs switch is FORE.

The 465's are good for about 700HP each. I could easily go down to two pumps. I rotate the full time pump annually between the three pumps so one pump doesn't see all the work all the time. Spread the wealth!

Blackmax

Established Member
lol good point
its not a track car what so ever just want it to be as steetable as possible

are you running 1 full time and 2 boost switch ? and how is the driveability ?
and what level did you chose 2 or 3 or 4
sorry if am asking to much just wanting to take as much info as possible before purchasing it

I chose the 3 pump 465 as it was recommended by pretty much everyone , safety and the ability to grow later were factors. I could have saved a couple of hundred bucks with smaller or less pumps but to what end. Justin Fore is great to speak with and to me it makes more sense to buy a complete system from a company that builds it rather than different parts. If something goes wrong with my Fore system I am pretty sure it will be way less hassle than having different part manufacturers blaming eachother.

Blackmax

Established Member
I have Lethal's triple pump hat. I initially purchased Lethal's fuel system, but decided to used the FORE pump controller instead of the relay's that come with the Lethal kit because it's a lot cleaner set up. I also wanted decided to do a parallel return set up instead of the dead head setup like Lethal's is set up for. So my hat is Lethal's, fuel pressure regulator is Aeromotive, fuel rails are BPS and hoses fittings and FC3 with hobbs switch is FORE.

The 465's are good for about 700HP each. I could easily go down to two pumps. I rotate the full time pump annually between the three pumps so one pump doesn't see all the work all the time. Spread the wealth!

Thats exactly the direction I was heading at the start but soon saw there almost no cost saving so went with complete Fore kit. Sounds like you have it all working good and rotating pumps is a great idea.

red gt500

Established Member
just bought a fore innovating level 4 from van @ revan racing
triple 465 pumps with the fc3 staged controller and id 1300 injectors
what do you recommend should i run them all full time or make a pressure switch on 2 pumps and run 1 full time ?

Explicit_custom

I have the fore hat with triple pump fc3 and Hobbs the wires comeing out of the hat where do they go there is one connection with 2 wires and another connection with 4 wires

Blackmax

Established Member
just bought a fore innovating level 4 from van @ revan racing
triple 465 pumps with the fc3 staged controller and id 1300 injectors
what do you recommend should i run them all full time or make a pressure switch on 2 pumps and run 1 full time ?

I have done what was recomended by the guy that owns the company and designed these fuel systems, just figured he might know something.

Users who are viewing this thread