forged 5.4 shortblocks

XRQTOR

Banned
hey im looking into buying a forged short block 5.4L dohc. Anybody know of places who make them and sell them. Also I heard that the lighting either uses or will use an all alloy motor either one true or is it just sh#t. Does anyone sell a alloy 5.4 block at all.

Sacman

Banned
FYI Lightnings are SOHC 5.4s, with that being said. Your best bet is a Navigator forum, second thing would to first off, buy a Navi Crate motor. Then locate some forged internals to install. I doubt the likelyhood of you finding a forged 5.4 DOHC. Not saying it can't be done, it would just be hard to find

Last edited:

XRQTOR

Banned
Well i have the top end sorted dohc. Heads flow 390hp stock on a 5.4. Is there a difference between a sohc and dohc short block i wouldnt have thought so as there is no diference between 4.6L sohc and dohc shortblocks.

No difference in heads hence the term modular... In other words you can use 5.4 heads on a a 5.4 block, either DOHC, or SOHC. Same goes for 4.6... Blocks are the same too... You can't use 4.6 stuff on a 5.4 though. The heads will bolt up to either

blown330

Established Member
you can call shm, they have alum. blocks w/ extra webbing for more strength. you can also strock the up to 6.0 liters.

XRQTOR

Banned
i know the heads off a 5.4 will fit a 4.6, but i live in australia, and we use 5.4's here and am looking to replace the stock shortblock with a nice forged unit i's rather have an all alloy unit but im NOT paying $4500 for it. New ford falcon 5.4 puts out 390hp on gt and 350hp on xr8 both n/a. New DJR racing falcon is 430hp n/a.

blown330

Established Member
wow! maybe you can teach us some tricks that those cars have so we can get more power!
come on help a brother out who allways eats at outback steak house!

Users who are viewing this thread