Forged rotating assembly?

GS357

Established Member
I have a very low mileage 2014 with a VMP TVS and interested in turning it up a little more and going to E85. I need forged rods / pistons, OPG and CS. Can I just buy Std. forged pistons, good rods, Boss crank, have the rotating assembly balanced and drop into my existing block? Or a new block and build a 3-2-1 or other? Thoughts for most cost effective way to handle 750-800 whp.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
If that's all your looking for (750-800), a Gen 3 shortblock is what I would suggest. You'll need to grind down the Gen 3 knock sensor locations. The extra compression will make it easier to achieve the power goal and E85 will support it. My $.02

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

GS357

Established Member
Thanks, looking for a new Gen 2 short block now. May have to go Gen 3 if I can't find one but I think that is an added expense of also finding Gen 2 heads.

68gtscode

Established Member
Thanks, looking for a new Gen 2 short block now. May have to go Gen 3 if I can't find one but I think that is an added expense of also finding Gen 2 heads.

PM Riddick on here... he has the PN information on a great deal from Ford. I thought he was going to get just a block for that price, but it was the whole short block assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread