Formula 1 Fans

MTI LS1

Who here follows F1?

It's really the only sport that I follow other than football and other racing leagues in the US.

19K RPM, 750HP from 2.4L and ability of 5.5G's. Does it get any better?

Azar

Established Member
F1 was a gift from God, it's proof beyond beer and loose women that he loves us very much.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
My wife and I have watched every F1 race for the last 3 years. It's not going to be the same without Schumacher. I hate to see him go like this, even though I'd like to see Kimi on top.

MetikalSVT

Not A Rookie
Established Member
OMG! F1 is the best thing for mankind. I really dont think it was up to Schumacher to leave Ferrari, I believe he was sort of forced out. But at least hes only 2 points behind Alonso. And Shanghai this weekend my favorite track. completely bad ass.:rockon: Anyone who is a big fan of F1 deffinitley check out DTM (which im hoping schumi moves to) its run by the FIA so its alot like F1 and really fast, like quick 10 man pit stops like F1, unlike Lemans where a pit stop takes like 55 sec. but yea 3 races left in da season.
Go Michael Schmacher and Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown: :rockon:

MTI LS1

Lethalchem said:
My wife and I have watched every F1 race for the last 3 years. It's not going to be the same without Schumacher. I hate to see him go like this, even though I'd like to see Kimi on top.

I'll give props where props are due, so Schumi is the BEST race driver in the history of motorsport. But what he did at Monaco in Rascasse was plain unacceptable and I lost alot of respect for someone who should no better being a 7 time World Champion.

I love Kimi, but if McLaren will fix their reliability issues, Alonso will be hard to beat next year. With engine homologation starting next season, McLaren may be the team to beat if they can get their motor right in the off season.

Coiled03

Established Member
Schumacher > All other drivers

really dont think it was up to Schumacher to leave Ferrari, I believe he was sort of forced out.

Why would Ferrari force out the best driver of all time? Besides, he practically ran the team.

He wasn't forced out. He simply chose to retire at the top of his game; something few athletes get the choice of doing.

But what he did at Monaco in Rascasse was plain unacceptable and I lost alot of respect for someone who should no better being a 7 time World Champion.

No worse than what Senna did to Prost, or what countless other drivers have done to their competitors. These guys are willing to do whatever it takes to win the championship. Sometimes, what they do is...errr...unsportsmanlike.

love Kimi, but if McLaren will fix their reliability issues, Alonso will be hard to beat next year. With engine homologation starting next season, McLaren may be the team to beat if they can get their motor right in the off season.

Alonso will be tough to beat, regardless. But he's not winning the championship at McLaren. Not as long as McLaren continues to work with Mercedes. Their engine program is FUBAR. As much as I dislike him, I look for Kimi to win it all at Ferrari next year.

MTI LS1

If Daimler Chrysler decides to up its stake at McLaren next year could be very good for Alonso but we will see. I do not see Kimi winning next year with Ferrari.

They have been competitive this year but with alot of help from the FIA. Whether people acknowledge it or not, the FIA is on Ferrari's side. Look at the recent penalty against Alonso for blocking Massa, that was BS. Banning the mass dampers was so obvious that they wanted Ferrari to win they should have just given Schumi the title right then and there.

Azar

Established Member
DTM is awesome, I also like Australian V8 supercars. But F1 is the apex of motorsports.

jean

Established Member
By the way:
A recent magazine article examined the Toyota Formula One engine to see what state of development had been reached.

V10
181 cu in
940 hp @ 19,000 rpm (no, not turbocharged) [if your Ford Mustang were tuned that way, it would be putting out over 1,500 horsepower!]

Block and sump are of aluminum and are cast together. Weight 55 lb. [!] Racing life 900 miles.

Crankshaft weighs 22 lb [!], takes 16 weeks to manufacture, and is designed to operate for approximately 1,250 miles.

Pistons weigh under 8.9 oz. each.

Total weight of the engine is 220 lb [!]

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
jean said:
By the way:
A recent magazine article examined the Toyota Formula One engine to see what state of development had been reached.

V10
181 cu in
940 hp @ 19,000 rpm (no, not turbocharged) [if your Ford Mustang were tuned that way, it would be putting out over 1,500 horsepower!]

Block and sump are of aluminum and are cast together. Weight 55 lb. [!] Racing life 900 miles.

Crankshaft weighs 22 lb [!], takes 16 weeks to manufacture, and is designed to operate for approximately 1,250 miles.

Pistons weigh under 8.9 oz. each.

Total weight of the engine is 220 lb [!]
Too bad thats last years engine since they run V8's now.

Glad to see all the love for Kimi. I have been wanting to see him in a reliable car for the last two years. Hell I remember at one point last year when he crashed due to a rod end coming out of a delaminated control arm. The anouncers even said that is unbelievable since they x-ray them to make sure they are good before using them. Kimi has been plagued with problems this year and last and was still 2nd last year and is tied for 4th this year. (Can't remember the years previous to that)

Also I agree that these drivers are ruthless and will do anything to win. I think at that peak of racing you have to have that attitude anyways.

Also +1 for Austrailian V8 SS

Mika

Established Member
BigZach said:
I'll give props where props are due, so Schumi is the BEST race driver in the history of motorsport. But what he did at Monaco in Rascasse was plain unacceptable and I lost alot of respect for someone who should no better being a 7 time World Champion.

What he may have in talent and ability to set up a car to his liking, he lacks in class. It's not the first time he's pulled that kind of crap. He had a 2 point(give or take) lead going into the last race in '97(pretty sure) against Damon Hill. He's about to retire due to car problems, instead of getting out of the way, he rams into Hill to win the DC.

Mika

Coiled03

Established Member
BigZach said:
If Daimler Chrysler decides to up its stake at McLaren next year could be very good for Alonso but we will see. I do not see Kimi winning next year with Ferrari.

They have been competitive this year but with alot of help from the FIA. Whether people acknowledge it or not, the FIA is on Ferrari's side. Look at the recent penalty against Alonso for blocking Massa, that was BS. Banning the mass dampers was so obvious that they wanted Ferrari to win they should have just given Schumi the title right then and there.

:cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

WAAAHHHHHHH!!

Must be a closet Alonso, or Kimi fan.

This isn't the WWE. Races aren't rigged. Do you have any proof of what you say? Or is this nothing more than your own supposition, and conjecture?

That's what I thought.....

Users who are viewing this thread