found this on ebay..

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
The car is far from f@cked up. I bought it and a audi from them and they were supposed to pull the add from ebay.

LEESTOYSTANG

Established Member
Looks like the car was probably totalled out by the insurance company and rebuilt ??? Dan is that what happened... ??? Still a great price considering the motor itself is worth about 15K.... Just my $.02

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Car has not been fixed yet. Was totaled and sold at an auction. Probally less than 4000 in parts. Granted the salvage title but no frame or structure damage. It was a killer deal.

Waxbean

2007 Shelby GT 500
Established Member
I hope your right... It sure looks bad to me... All those panels, paint, bumper, hood, the rear looks pushed up and in, the front wheels look tweaked... I don't see how it could be fixed for 4K but I hope your right....

breoland

Established Member
that thing has got to be twisted, if it was only 4k to fix, they would have fixed it instead of totaling it.
in ny the car has to be damaged 70 percent before they total it

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Because of the specialty car you can get them totaled with out being 70damaged and also on new vehicles it is easier. Because why would a owner of a car with only 800miles want a car that was completly repainted and several parts replaced. New cars are the easiest to get totaled and I have seen this also alot with the Ford GT's. I have seen them be totaled with 30,000 worth of damage on a 160000 dollar car.

These days the accident would show up on a car fax so the insurance company would have to pay you a diminished valve because of the claim. cause it would show up on a trade in or return sale. It is easier to just total the car and pay the owner off.

Users who are viewing this thread