Four Ford GTs to Le Mans

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Ford GT To Race Le Mans Featured.jpg
Four on the Floor
All four Ford GTs will race at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

Today in Paris, France, it was announced that Ford would be allowed to field its US-based Ford GT racers alongside their European counterparts to make for a four-car team in the GTE Pro Class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Continue reading →

rdanzy

Established Member
Hopefully they make it to sunset at Le Mans without issues. Ford's performance in racing is so embarrassing from NASCAR/Rolex and now possibly the world stage at Le Mans. Hoping for a great finish for the Ford GTs at Le Mans and bringing back memories of Ford pride as a teenager 50 years ago. But it would not surprise me if the Corvette pushrod engines are way ahead of the Ford finicky technology.

Svtmustang01

Established Member
They don't deserve to win, and they wont win. The spanking they got at the rolex was great even though the cars did look great. They should be completely embarrassed especially after all they hype. Corvette and Porsche have been at it for years developing their cars. Not to mention Ford Racing has the most unfriendly booth you could ask for, with tape all around the cars so you cant get close, no free anything, or any events. Mazda and Corvette Racing both have great booths and its always a great time.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
They don't deserve to win, and they wont win. The spanking they got at the rolex was great even though the cars did look great. They should be completely embarrassed especially after all they hype. Corvette and Porsche have been at it for years developing their cars. Not to mention Ford Racing has the most unfriendly booth you could ask for, with tape all around the cars so you cant get close, no free anything, or any events. Mazda and Corvette Racing both have great booths and its always a great time.

Someone sounds pissed because he did not get free stuff.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
24-hour at Daytona was no big deal. Embarassing...well, yes...but... This ain't 1966 anymore. There is a Sh-- Ton of really really capable cars out there these days that can literally sprint the entire 24 hour distance. Development takes time...period. Over time the Ford GT will do well. Prevail overall? We shall see. I am just thrilled to see the GT mixing it up again. I really missed the Matech GT1 and GT3 of a few years back. *The new Huracan reminds of the FGT1 a lot. Beautiful.) It's going to be a lot fun for the next few years.

Svtmustang01

Established Member
I hope they keep the cars in for a few years. One thing I love about team corvette is that they are steady in road racing unlike ford. Chevrolet is also a larger supporter of their fans than ford is. I cant even find a T-shirt or any apparel for the new Ford Gt car. I was hoping they would atleast have some to buy at the track but even those did not exist. Scoured the internet for a few hours and cant find anything that is ford licensed. Common is a t-shirt to buy to much to ask for? I just want to be a fan with some merchandise! LOL

Other than that the ford gt is a fun car to watch even after all of the malfunctions. The aerodynamics is crazy cool on that car. They did end up holding the fastest lap at daytona I believe.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Not true. At the 24 there was a trailer selling Gt stuff, I got 7 t shirts (we are family of 4), jacket, pull overs, hats, posters, stickers. There is a web site coming from the company that did it. They also told me they will be at all imsa races, if your going to Sebring.

I cant even find a T-shirt or any apparel for the new Ford Gt car. I was hoping they would atleast have some to buy at the track but even those did not exist. Scoured the internet for a few hours and cant find anything that is ford licensed. Common is a t-shirt to buy to much to ask for?

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Not true. At the 24 there was a trailer selling Gt stuff, I got 7 t shirts (we are family of 4), jacket, pull overs, hats, posters, stickers. There is a web site coming from the company that did it. They also told me they will be at all imsa races, if your going to Sebring.

Where? I was at the ford racing booth and didnt see any trailer with apparel. There was the "owner club" and a roped off ford gt and a gt350r, but i didnt see anyone selling anything? Do you know what the website is or the name of the company?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Was not in the "Ford booth" was further down in the direction of turns "3-4", past the car road into the garage areas. Was a smaller kiosk surrounded by other race and souvenir booths. Turner Motorsports, Wine country motorsports, were 2 of the trailers I recall that were close by. I have the URL of what the website will be, but its not live yet so I wont post it. It is a marketing company that works with Ford, and they pulled together what they had in 10 days (impressive!). They also made the jackets that were given to us in the owners area.

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Dang cant believe I missed them! I guess I will have to give my friend some money to buy some stuff at sebring for me. Do you have any pictures of what it all looks like?

Last edited:

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Thanks for the post. Those shirts look great! Cant wait for the website to pop up / my friend buying me stuff at sebring.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Interesting race considering the weather issues. Fun watching the teams trying to decide when to go to wets and when to go back to slicks. What's the cost of going off v. the cost of falling behind? Good practice for Le Mans. PiPo Derani is incredible. Great seeing him put a hurting on the Bowie Guys in the last 10 minutes. Deep dive to the inside...then...Adios. TWICE!!

The Ford GT needs work. Power seems to be on again and off again for no apparent reason. I can imagine just how pissed off someone like Westbrook would be in the cockpit. He's real aggressive and was probably banging the steering wheel. In the Matech FGT1 in FIA GT1 he would often pull "A Derani" to take the lead. The Ford team has the talent...now it needs the car.

Last edited:

Svtmustang01

Established Member
I think Derani will be a great driver but the patron honda has quite the advantage on the outgoing Daytona Prototype cars. The new P cars are just better. Put the two together and it there is no chance. It sucks that the spotter for the action express dp vette didnt help him out to block Derani (Im team corvette when it comes to IMSA) but it would have happened there or just later anyway.

It will be fun to watch the rule change mid season to see how they twist all the cars around.

Users who are viewing this thread