Fox Body E/T question.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Ok I was just wondering... Cause there was a guy on Fastcarforum who has a 5.0, not sure if it was a Fox or an SN95, that had raced a stock 911 TT (one of his friends cars, the new ones rated at 415hp) He said he got beat pretty bad by the Porsche, but as fast as 911 turbo's are, they run low 12's at best so I was just wondering what was up with that. I'm going to guess the drivers to blame.

I would assume up till about 120mph his car should have the edge pretty easily wouldnt it? (low 11/high 10 second cars tend to trap in the mid 120's do they not?)

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
without telling us the mods on the stang then we cant give our opinions.

but yes, it can be a HUGE drivers race. I'm sure the TT had some sort of traction control(are the all wheel drive? i dont think so) so off the line the mustang driver has to be conservative.

and porsches don't weigh that much either i dont think. I remember i started messing with a porche TT on the freeway a long time ago. the guy just smiled at me and took off. damn, that thing was fast.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I dont have alot of experience racing em, though you better beleive I do alot of homework on expensive supercars so I would deffinatly be weary, and probably refuse to race one with anything less than a pulley and chip on my car lol.

My dad raced a 944 Turbo back in 88 right after he got the ram air and performance chip put on his Grand National. He said he raced the guy up to 130, beleive it or not dad started creeping away slowly but surely after 100mph. (You'ed think the G-body would have been at a severe disadvantage at over 100 against a 944). That was with mom in the drivers seat and me in the back. I would vouch for it but I was only 5 years old at the time. Dad and him pulled off the exit ramp and the guy in the 944 pulled up and started listing off his mods, dad just told the guy all he had was a stock buick V6 :lol: the guy then sped off never to be seen again.

Anyway back on topic. Yeah the 911 Turbo the guy has is AWD, so I could see your point there, without a superior launch, even with the 5.0 being a low 11/10 second car, I guess when your going that quick even the smallest mistake could cost you the whole show.

Last edited:

joegt38

Established Member
A buddy of mine with full interior (wt.3100lbs) 425rwhp D/R hit 11.3 at 119. I just watched the vid. of it yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread