Fox SSP coupes - cool cars or pass?

werstlna

Established Member
There's a '91 SSP former Utah Patrol 5 speed coupe for sale in my area. It has 160k miles and has been repainted 3 years ago. The owner says the speedo and AC don't work and has a cracked windshield, but it runs nice. Also, there is light damage to LF fender from a high speed tire blowout. Price is $1,800.

Overall, do you think these are decent cars? I kind of see them as a light weight notchback (spec says just over 3,000 lbs) and somewhat unusual. I guess my plan would be to fix the fender and build it up. Your thoughts?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Thats cheap for a fox coupe.

The SSP makes it special unto itself if it is a real SSP car you can id it by the buck tags usually found around the front core support.

However, other than novelty and historical value; the SSP really doesn't have any significance. They had oil coolers, seat bracket reinforcements and some wiring harness provisions, but not really any other core differences from a 'normal' 5.0 coupe.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
They are cool cars, but unless its all original with some equipment left its probably not worth any more than a normal fox. Just makes a good conversation piece. That does sound like a pretty good deal.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
1800, oh yeah, Id buy int in a heartbeat, sure its beat on, but goodluck finding any foxes that aren't anymore. My boy had a notch that was just ok and ended up selling it as a roller for 3500

GTSSTANG

Established Member
$1,800 I would snatch that up. SSP's aren't much different than a regular Notch but peolple love em and put a higher value on them..

Last edited:

werstlna

Established Member
hell, if you do not want it then shoot me the info! i have seen some beat up ssp's for 4k.

I may go to see it tomorrow if it's still for sale. The lady has owned it for 13 years and her husband recently died, which is the reason for the sale. They bought it from the State of Utah. If I don't like it, I'll PM you the info.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
^^ nope

but there are some differences, whenever someone tells me it is a ssp i look for the trunk pop on the driver side.

MachsFastr

Established Member
Sweet price for a SSP. They have a great following. I'd love to have one with original paint and equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread