Fox Wide Body Kit

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
So I'm working on getting these into production and need to know how many sets you guys are interested in. Once I have an idea of how many people are interested I can run with that and get some hard numbers to produce several sets at a time.

Fits 315's w/Griggs SLA and repositions the wheel opening to center the wheel/tire
Available in Carbon or Glass
Splitter fits the GT Bumper cover

Front038sm.jpg

LeftFrontsm.jpg

RightFront037sm.jpg

LeftSide2sm.jpg

leftFront028sm.jpg

LFender025sm.jpg

Last edited:

FIRESUIT FRANK

Established Member
what kind of pricing?

have you seen the heat extractor piece from fulcrum aero in carbon, looks like it would be a finishing touch for your car.

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
what kind of pricing?

have you seen the heat extractor piece from fulcrum aero in carbon, looks like it would be a finishing touch for your car.

I should have some numbers soon.

I agree the fulcrum piece would go really well on that car! It looks very nice and is similar to the extractor molded into the Griggs SN95 hoods. The black car pictured is not mine, that belongs to one of the mold's owners. When I was working at Griggs I worked with the owners, recently I posted a picture and someone inquired about the kit. Based on that I have been following up to get kits made and confirm fitment first hand using my car.

Here are a few pictures of my car, some during the build and after the chassis had been powder coated, it's still very much a project.

'93 Cobra

RtFrtsmall.jpg

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
Love it, the fab work is excellent. great looking car...

have you finished it? or still in the works?

Thanks! It is still very much a project car, need to get a drivetrain and it still needs to be converted to a SLA configuration up front but the rest of the chassis is complete and ready to go. I've been considering pulling the drivetrain out of my '95 GT and putting it in just to get it on track but having my Daughter last year has slowed things down. I've got a few other project that I need to get rid of and then I might be able to put some of that cash into getting the Cobra on track.

Patrick

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
if they ever make another Fast n Furious, im sure the producers will be interested in a few sets. Are you going to ruin that 93 cobra with that stuff ? I hope so. it will make all the others worth more.

fivestangs

Established Member
if they ever make another Fast n Furious, im sure the producers will be interested in a few sets. Are you going to ruin that 93 cobra with that stuff ? I hope so. it will make all the others worth more.

From a purist standpoint, it's been "ruined" already. There's a link somewhere to the entire build of the car, and not that I'm any kind of expert, but from what I can tell from the pics, it looks like first class work....but, yeah, it'd take a TON of work to get that thing back to "stock" :rolling:

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
From a purist standpoint, it's been "ruined" already. There's a link somewhere to the entire build of the car, and not that I'm any kind of expert, but from what I can tell from the pics, it looks like first class work....but, yeah, it'd take a TON of work to get that thing back to "stock" :rolling:

Yea, the only thing that is still Cobra would be the shell. I don't have a build thread but I did include a link to some pictures that where taken during the build (just above the picture). The rear has been mini-tubbed to fit 315's already, but the stock fenders will only take a 275 with some rolling/bending work. I guess if you look at the car and ignore all the cage work, missing dash, 50 gal. fuel cell, paint color, all the other race parts and safety equipment, you could/would say it still looks like a real Cobra.

I really don't need to install this kit, but I was in contact with the mold owners. From my days working @ Griggs Racing, I know a few people that race AIX and open track who would really like to have the ability to run 315's. I'm simply trying to generate interest and get some real numbers to see if making these parts would be of interest to people that need them.

Patrick

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member

Aerodynamic devices, carbon fiber, heat extractors, wings - I'm so glad the producers of that movie invented all that stuff so that we cou... wait.

Some people like to polish their cars with diapers, look at fancy paperwork of limited production, project future worth, and mock the addition of performance enhancing components. I like to wring the shit outta' mine. Looks like Patrick does, too. :rockon:

Last edited:

drkhrse

Established Member
I just want the Fiber hood for my 93R, who can get me a deal on one? :rolling:

The 93 Cobra you have is sick!! I'm building my 93R up as a autocross/open track car, but thing that cool....

93R #58 Build up

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
For those interested, pricing details below:

Kit:
Fenders (pair)
Splitter (1)
Side Skirts (pair)
Rear Quarters (pair)

Fiberglass - $2500.00 not including shipping
Carbon - $5500.00 not including shipping

Lead time 3-4 weeks for Fiberglass and 4-6 weeks for Carbon

Patrick

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I believe GR-40 pat no works for Cortex racing.. Might want to give them a call and ask.. Or call Griggs

Users who are viewing this thread