Foxbody Dampers vs SN95 Dampers

hpwrestler220

Established Member
My car is pretty slammed. To put it into perspective, it's slightly lower than H&R SS springs (by 1/4")

I have tokico HP's (idk if they are Fox length or what, but they were on the car when i bought it several years ago... I have the tokico spring/shock/strut kit on here now.) I believe that the kit is foxbody specific, but im really not sure.

Anyways, i need some stiffer valving from my dampers, so i need to get some new ones...

I just got a pair of used (40k miles) 03 cobra COUPE struts for up front, and i am going to be reinstalling the spacers on my mm cc plates "for lowered cars" like it says on MM's website with the 3 washers on the top of the cc plate and the 1 on the bottom to allow for a bit more suspension travel.

But then comes the rear... I was thinking about buying some bilstein HD for the rear, but idk if i should get the foxbody or the sn95 length shocks... I have heard that the foxbody shocks allow for .48" more of suspension travel compared to sn95 shocks, but is the compression and rebound the same? I could really use the extra suspension travel since i am low, but not at the cost of losing rebound... I need all the rebound i can get so that i have absolutely no bouncing.

Also, i have heard that when installing the bilsteins, my car is going to raise up 1/2" up front and 1/4" out back bc of the added compression. 2 people i know have installed bilstein HD's/cobras on their GT's and have had this happen. I'm assuming this happens to everybody?

Somebody add some input here. I want to change out these dampers before the weather breaks! I am just undecided on the Fox length or the sn95 length for the rear!

Users who are viewing this thread