FPDM info/question

srdigital

Established Member
does anyone know what the stock FPDM outputs as far as amps? The final driver is a 5125FE MOSFET, but there is 0 information or a datasheet to be found on these chips, let alone new replacements available for purchase. it was apparently designed as a RF/VHF amplifier.

Indirectly someone mentioned, without any supporting evidence, that the stock FPDM maxes out around 18 amps.

I didn't research too hard on what the stock pumps draw - however, my Walbro F10000302 ('improved' GT supercar) pumps have a maximum draw of barely 15A per pump. Realistically will probably only draw about 10A at 100% duty at factory fuel pressures (PDF attached).

The common replacement MOSFET that is put in modified FPDMs has a 100A output on it. I can sorta understand this, but it's still over 300% more output current than a pair of pumps might draw.

I know a dual, unmodified/stock FPDM setup is fairly tried and true, but I really like to over engineer things

I'm thinking about upgrading the MOSFET of the FPDMs to allow for a little more headroom as far as amperage goes, depending on what the stock driver actually puts out. I plan on running a dual FPDM setup, one each controlling an individual pump. 100A per driver on the modified units sounds pretty overkill for a single 15A pump . . .

Considering it's going to be about $12 to modify/upgrade and a half hour of my labor, why not? There are several currently available and produced MOSFETS that have similar specifications, I just need to decide on an output current.

Attachments

• 2018-F10000302-F10000305-Pump-T1.78-Turbine-Pump-Max-System-Pressure-87-PSI.pdf
    140 KB · Views: 98

01yellercobra

Established Member
FWIW I ran the older GT pumps on a stock FPDM over ten years with no issues. I did the wire upgrade just to be safe. But the FPDM never went into thermal shutdown or anything.

srdigital

Established Member
looks like the OG GT pumps draw slightly more current than the improved ones. I suspect that the 5125FE transistor is a 25W chip, but I can't back that up. would make sense though, based on your usage.

Attachments

• F10000128.pdf
    13.1 KB · Views: 105

Users who are viewing this thread