FPDM wire upgrade...

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
wow i hate beating these topics to death lol But now im "pretty" sure as to what to do. (im using -2ga wire thats going to be tapped into for the powerfor this upgrade,jfyi). anyways, I wire my relay to the input to the FPDM (turns relay on,white relay wire)and then the output of the relay (blue relay wire i think) is run back inline with where the wire was on , on the side toward the fpdm?? Now would it be smart to run a larger wire out of the output of the FPDM to the pumps?? or would tthat not even really make a difference...considering the wire would still be necked-down @ the fpdm

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Use #12 from FPDM to pumps. You should be running a fused #8 from the battery. Do not tap a battery cable, always tap at a post/connector. I have wire diagrams for both 99-01 and 03-04 cobras FPDM's if you need them (including pin numbers and wire locations).

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
#12?...do you happen to know what color that is? and are the "out" wires on the fpdm the upper set of wires???...

this is the wiring instructions i am following

"Connect the Yellow (87) wire from the relay socket to the 8 gauge power cable from battery

Connect the Blue (30) wire to the Green/Yellow wire going into the FPDM (FPDM Side)

Black on the relay harness (85) gets ground to the chassis in the same location the stock FPDM is ground.

White (86) wire on the relay socket goes to Green/Yellow wire going away from the FPDM (Wire side)"

EDIT: do you possibly mean pin #10 is the + to the pumps? i only see 1-10 in this diagram
fpdm_pins.jpg

Last edited:

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Lethal sells there upgrade with #12 wire from FPDM to pumps, so it can be any color wire. You are looking at the wire diagram for an 03-04 cobra that came with dual pumps, so the both 513 (bn/pk) and 366 (rd/bk) need to be upgraded to #12 if they have not been. I am assumiong by that badass turbo set up you have you have an 03-04 tank?

OttoCobra

Established Member
I've been looking to upgrade my pumps. I just ordered 2 SVT Focus pumps. I like the idea of having 2 FPDMs, but I am not sure that this is absolutely necessary when I'm only going for 650rwhp with my next blower upgrade.

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
OK... so this is now what i have saved in word so i do not forget.... is it correct??? thanks 1badblown!

"Brown/Pink Wire goes to the pumps +, & the Black/Red is - . Upgrade them to 12 ga
The Blue Relay wire will goto the White/Red wire on the FPDM side
The Yellow Relay wire will goto the 8ga wire
The White Relay wire will goto the White/Red wire unattached from the FPDM"

EDIT: i think its actually PINK/BLACK ..not White/Red????(for relay turn on) idk im so confused

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I've been looking to upgrade my pumps. I just ordered 2 SVT Focus pumps. I like the idea of having 2 FPDMs, but I am not sure that this is absolutely necessary when I'm only going for 650rwhp with my next blower upgrade.

dual FPDMs aren't needed for 800rwhp let alone 650; you'll be fine with one.

Users who are viewing this thread