FR500 Cam Kit

Wraith

Established Member
Has anyone used this kit or know someone who has used this kit? I haven't been able to find a better buy anywhere and it seems to be a good all around cam. I have read that on a stock setup that gains of 25 hp and tq are the norm. What might i be able to see with my setup?
Rebuilt shortblock .020 over, forged rods and pistons, fully ported heads with 3-angle + radius valve job, ported intake, gasket match head to intake, Full Length Headers and catted x-pipe, underdrive pulleys, 73mm singleblade tbody, 80mm C&L MAF, and a solid rear axle with 4.10s. Any guesses? Also I plan on having a dyno tune.
I am trying to get as close to 400hp as possible. Thanks in advance for all the input.:-D

99SVTAddict

Established Member
I know the perfect person to talk to. He has this kit and also sells them. He can get you the best price and a "real world" report of them.

I've driven his car....very nice. Go to this website and either fill out the form, or just e-mail him direct (address at the bottom of the page).

EastSideMotorSports

Wraith

Established Member
Actually, I've already been in contact with Chris. I posted this right after I emailed him regarding the kit. Didn't expect the quick response that I got. Emailed him a couple of times and he has been great and quick to respond. As long as the budget allows I will be getting this kit. A lot cheaper than most places. Thanks for the suggestion. Also was just curious as to what other people have achieved with this kit. Thanks.

Wraith

Established Member
For 25 horsepower and torque I'm not sure if I would pay for it, but I think I should get more out of it than 25. Those numbers are for a stock 99/01, which I won't be, but thats why I was asking if anybody else has used them.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Wraith
For 25 horsepower and torque I'm not sure if I would pay for it, but I think I should get more out of it than 25. Those numbers are for a stock 99/01, which I won't be, but thats why I was asking if anybody else has used them.

usually w/ cam and valvetrain mods, all other airflow mods will be enhanced by this.....25 for stock...probably more for modified (CAI, headers, etc)

Wraith

Established Member
I've been talking with Chris some more and got some good info on these cams. They were designed for adding more torque over the whole curve, not just adding horsepower from 5k-7k. And unlike other HorsePower cams, they don't rob any torque down low. They have a stock idle and are great for everyday use. Sounds like a winner to me. Now if I could only afford them.

Avenging Angel

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT Chic
$1250 seems a little high for only 25hp, or is it just me?
That's about how much LT's w/ a shorty pipe + install will cost (not to mention a good tune).

Wraith

Established Member
Actually, I never asked how much they could withstand because I knew they could handle atleast to 500. I was trying to get as close to 400 rwhp and as much torque as possible with this combo. Chris has around 371 rwhp with his. Other than that I am not sure.

Wraith

Established Member
I will be past all the basic bolt-ons. When done, engine will contain:
bored .020 over w/ forged rods & pistons
Full Port on heads w/ 3-angle+radius valve job on new
stainless valves
Ported Intake - x
Gasket match intake to heads
73mm Singleblade TBody - x
80mm C&L CAI - x
Underdrive Pulleys - x
BBK Full-Length Headers w/ catted x-pipe - x
Solid Rear Axle w/ 4.10s - x
(may go back to 4.30's or even 4.56's)
Custom Chip or Dyno Tune

Possible: Boost-A-Pump, Tri-Ax, 5" tach or shift-lite
Wish I could do more.

If I maxxed out all my credit cards I could swing the cams, but then I couldn't do anything else for a long time. :( Not even a vacation or the like. Not to mention my fiance would kill me.

99SVTcobraVERT

well anytime a cam(s) is set for just one set of specs for an all over motor combo then it is assumed that its not the best of any but rather a nice medium. since you cant have the best power adder cam and at same time have the best na cam then its obvious that you can improve on this cam for better results with nitrous or blower. but any good cam by motorsport will be better than stock!

Users who are viewing this thread