fr500 exhaust

scott

Established Member
i can confirm the fr500 cat back exhaust mates up well. the runble is good, you can actually here the exhaust. also my tech removed the air silencer and reprogrammed the fmu to tell the computer i use 93 octane. i can also confirm the steeda shifter works well with precise shifts. i now need a new h pipe or high flow cats to complete the exhaust. thought you guys may want to know. the 03 mineral gray is a screamer. also the steed does have some road noise. i hope some insulation will cure this. good luck.

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
I'm considering the fr500 setup myself. I'm working on some pricing discounts from a couple of Ford friends I have first. Question-at cruise, let's say 70, do you feel droned out of the car? Or is it quiet like with the stock exhaust?

Evilcartman

Established Member
Ok, so where do you buy this FR500 exhaust? Is there a site that I can look at the inside (cut away) of the muffler? How much is it because I was looking at the JDM exhaust also? I hear that there is a movable peice inside and I would like to see how it works.

mds370

Established Member
Anyone have a part number for this exhaust? Can it be bought over the counter at a Ford dealer?

YellowSnake

Established Member
Gene Evans Ford Racing usually has the best price I've seen, $599 for the FR500 catback. I think the part # is M5230M58 (as listed on the GEFR site... seems to be a close match with the 3" catback numbers posted at the Ford racing website). I tried to get it locally a couple of months ago, but no dice. the backorder was going to take too long - so I opted for the Steeda stuff. That was then, and the GEF site says that they should have been shipping 6/16. Good luck !

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by scott
i can confirm the fr500 cat back exhaust mates up well. the runble is good, you can actually here the exhaust. also my tech removed the air silencer and reprogrammed the fmu to tell the computer i use 93 octane. i can also confirm the steeda shifter works well with precise shifts. i now need a new h pipe or high flow cats to complete the exhaust. thought you guys may want to know. the 03 mineral gray is a screamer. also the steed does have some road noise. i hope some insulation will cure this. good luck.

Scott - you sig says you have a R - is your fitment recommendation based on first-hand experience on a 2003 Cobra? I have a MG on order as well, and the Steeda Tri-Ax and Holley Track flow sit in my garage, waiting.

I installed some silicone rubber (1/16") with adhesive backing available from McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) between the Tri-ax's handle and the shifter. It should isolate the heat and vibration a but better -plus, I used PTFEW tape on the TeamVoodo titanium knob to further insulate.

scott

Established Member
yes, i took delivery of the 03 this week. the fr500 was ordered from gefracing.com. i am trying the mac h pipe to mate to it because i have one hanging around. it should fit the 6 speed. on the r i went with bassani o/r.

Users who are viewing this thread