fr500 steering wheel

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
If you have the fr500 steering wheel and a black interior please post some pictures! the pics i see online make it look like the wheel is dark charcoal and last i checked didnt match well with the black interior.

Thanks

COBRASVT

Established Member
First mod I did the very afternoon I bought the car. Drove straight from the lot I bought the car from to the dealer for the wheel. :)

One of the best too! Other wheel sucks sucks sucks....waaaaay to thin. And since your hands are always on it, very good mod!

97_std.jpg

dsc01049_std.jpg

111_std.jpg

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I like it.
My project car has the 03 anniversary shift boot, parking brake boot,etc.
and it looks as if the FR500 wheel is a good match for it.

mackj66

Established Member
One of the best mods I ever did, especially since you are always looking right at it and your hands are always on it.

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
One of the best mods I ever did, especially since you are always looking right at it and your hands are always on it.

Funny, sounds like the same rationale for my wife to get a boob job!

But nevermind that, someone recently posted pics of this wheel in a saddle/black trim interior. Looked pretty good. Definitely my next mod after springs (...and maybe the wife's boob job :) )

mackj66

Established Member
Call Tousley Ford in minnesota (Fortunately 2 miles from my house hahaha), ask to speak to Steve, and get the 10% over cost discount for FRPP products.
Just got mine this spring for about $135.

Had to pay another $60 though cuz I was too afraid to install myself. Didn't want to mess with the airbags and risk F'n myself up or even killin myself. ;)

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Flowgoode convinced me to do mine as well with black and tan. The more I have the car the more I see the black/tan combination working out for the interior. **** our shitty ass paper thin steering wheel. I'm going to burn it when its off!

Helomech74

Established Member
I had one and didn't like the look. Mine was Charcoal in color and didn't match anything in the interior of my car so I removed it and sold it. I had a custom wheel cover made out of leather with thin padding on the backside, and had it stitched on over the existing cover. It's thicker then the FR500 wheel, and it matches the interior. Cost me about 90 bucks to have it made.

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
I had one and didn't like the look. Mine was Charcoal in color and didn't match anything in the interior of my car so I removed it and sold it. I had a custom wheel cover made out of leather with thin padding on the backside, and had it stitched on over the existing cover. It's thicker then the FR500 wheel, and it matches the interior. Cost me about 90 bucks to have it made.

Do you have any pics of your wheel? Where did you go to have it made?

Users who are viewing this thread