Freaking thieves

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
So I'm at home making dinner and minding my own business when someone knocks at the door. It's an "old friend" of my girlfriend's ex, who asked her to use the phone. She lets him in and give him her phone to use, while I'm still in the kitchen getting some chicken ready to throw on the grill. She walks into the kitchen with him in tow. He stands next to the kitchen table, where my cell phone and digital camera are sitting (right on the corner of the table). He makes his calls, gives us a sob story about how his girlfriend is in jail and he needs money to get her out blah blah blah. A couple minutes go by and he leaves.

Fast forward 15 minutes or so, I'm looking for my phone to call a friend. Hmm, phone isn't on the table. Thought I left it there next to my camera? Ok, well I have a habit of setting crap down and forgetting about it, so I start looking around for it. Not in the bedroom where I just changed clothes, not in my truck, not on the living room table... Wait, those were the only places I've been in the 1/2 hour or so that I've been home. So I grab my g/f's phone, call mine. Straight to voice mail! That means it's off right? Wait, I never shut my damn phone off!! So I call it a few more times, and "James" answers. I ask him where he got it, where is "Marcus" and of course I had to ask if he's enjoying it. It is an awesome phone afterall! Oh I forgot to mention, "Marcus" is the person is the "fine citizen" and decided he needed my phone more than I do. Anyway, at first he acts as if he knows nothing about it, but after a short conversation he said "Marcus picked it up by accident" and offers to return it if I meet him at the corner of Harrison and 16th in Davenport (IA). Yep no problem, I'll be there in 10 minutes!

So I call a couple friends, and grab my....ummm....protection and head out. So I get there and to my surprise he was right where he said he was going to be. Oh wait, no he wasn't. Big surprise huh? I drive around the neighborhood looking for the minivan “Marcus” was driving, but of course I found nothing. I called around and found out where “Marcus” lives and paid a visit. Guess what!? I met “Caroline”, “Marcus’” girlfriend who supposedly was in jail. She seems nice, and wasn’t too happy with “Marcus” either. We have a short conversation, and basically all she knows is that he has not been home all day and is wanting “to know where the hell he is too”.

So I’m sitting here calling it over and over so it’s worthless to him until tomorrow morning when I can get it shut off, and drinking some “Fat Tire”…because let’s face it, I need a damn beer! It IS just a cell phone, but I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
did you call the cops by chance??

Yeah I called the local PD and filed a report. I know there isn't much they can/will do since it's just a $250 cell phone, but it was worth a phone call. I'm sure this guy has a record, and if nothing else they now have his current address...

tvguy

So I'm at home making dinner and minding my own business when someone knocks at the door. It's an "old friend" of my girlfriend's ex, who asked her to use the phone. She lets him in and give him her phone to use, while I'm still in the kitchen getting some chicken ready to throw on the grill. She walks into the kitchen with him in tow. He stands next to the kitchen table, where my cell phone and digital camera are sitting (right on the corner of the table). He makes his calls, gives us a sob story about how his girlfriend is in jail and he needs money to get her out blah blah blah. A couple minutes go by and he leaves.

Who the fock comes over in this day and age, knocks on your door and asks to use your phone? Also his girlfriend is in jail. Nice.
PACOTACO

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
You should have called 911 and grabbed your shotgun.
PACOTACO

Damn, why didn't I think of that?!? :burn:

So he grabbed the cell phone and left the camera or did he nab the camera too?

I guess he had no interest in the camera, because he left it. Honestly, I'd prefer he would have taken that over the phone. :shrug:

Who the fock comes over in this day and age, knocks on your door and asks to use your phone? Also his girlfriend is in jail. Nice.
PACOTACO

Her ex had (has) some loser friends... He lied about his girlfriend being in jail, apparently in an attempt to get my g/f to "loan" him money. :nonono:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
If you catch him you should press charges. I'm not sure what the law is in Iowa but in Illinois anything over $300 is felony theft. Saw a kid get jail time this summer because he stole someone's cell phone...

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
If you catch him you should press charges. I'm not sure what the law is in Iowa but in Illinois anything over $300 is felony theft. Saw a kid get jail time this summer because he stole someone's cell phone...

That would be nice, but DPD came right out and said there would be nothing done about it.

TERMIN8TR,
Your right, at least that's what I was told anyway. Who knows...

musclefan21

Established Member
it doesn't matter the price of the object. stealing is stealing. he should go to jail for that! fight for it. at this point, i wouldn't care about the cell phone, I would fight for this so he will get punish for being stupid like that.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
had my phone stolen two months ago, i was pissed as hell. even if it is a cheap phone it still sucks balls getting all your numbers back

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Damn, what a freaking loser! That idiot definitely needs to get his ass beat down.

There is no one worse than a thief.

Thrust

Established Member
This stealing crap sux and all, but how did the grilled chicken turn out?

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
This stealing crap sux and all, but how did the grilled chicken turn out?

It made me forget about the stolen phone for a while! :thumbsup:

wow that sucks. some people have no balls. on a side note, you ever make it over to cedar rapids?

I'd say he had some brass balls to steal something from my home right in front of me. I'd also say I'm a moron for not paying closer attention, but I guess I just grew up in a place where that would NEVER happen. I don't really get up that way much. I do go up to Coralville Lake all the time (Sugarbottom) to ride the mountain bike trails. There is an MTB club up in your area that has built some trail at Beverly Park, but I haven't made it up there yet. Probably in the spring. Any good brew pubs up there?

Damn, what a freaking loser! That idiot definitely needs to get his ass beat down.

There is no one worse than a thief.

I can't imagine walking into someone's house and taking something, ESPECIALLY if they just went out of their way to do me a favor.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
be about the time i'm trackin him down. And heck yea i'd press charges...just for the hassle of having to go through this crap. someones gonna pay, one way or another. could car less the sob story i get.

Users who are viewing this thread