Fresh VMP install

txrunner

Established Member
Just got my car back after VMP blower install. Pretty happy with the results. Guess that my next upgrades will be a new clutch & tires. Final results were 606rwhp & 544 tq. The dyno shows torque coming on a little slower because he had to roll on the gas a little because the wheels were spinning on the dyno.

b4b3b10d68964d4ba734fd29ebcadf6b.jpg
078f96ef8a8fa53c38d0552086bbc2e1.jpg

Check out the base dyno numbers on my pullied Eaton in 40 degree weather. Put down 506 tq! That's 30lb/ft more that when I originally had it dyno'd in 90 degree weather.

Last edited:

txrunner

Established Member
Haven't gotten a real feel for it yet. It's been so busy but 1st & 2nd spin a lot. It's like learning to drive all over again to get the power to stick. The blower wine is much less ☹️ but my exhaust rumble seems a lot deeper/louder. The boost is really either all or nothing too. Not like the Eaton. Throttle response is instant

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Haven't gotten a real feel for it yet. It's been so busy but 1st & 2nd spin a lot. It's like learning to drive all over again to get the power to stick. The blower wine is much less ☹️ but my exhaust rumble seems a lot deeper/louder. The boost is really either all or nothing too. Not like the Easton. Throttle response is instant

Is it a daily driver or are you gonna get some Drag Radials?

txrunner

Established Member
Not a daily driver but Houston does get unexpected rain a lot. Any good suggestions as a good compromise? Nitto 555dr? Toyo 888? I also don't want to roll my fenders

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Not a daily driver but Houston does get unexpected rain a lot. Any good suggestions as a good compromise? Nitto 555dr? Toyo 888? I also don't want to roll my fenders

Definitely the R888 tires compared to the Nitto for any chance of rain.
I've run both on my project cars and still have the R888 as my goto choice.

What kind of boost did your car make during those runs? Do you have long tube headers or stock manifolds?

Great numbers!
Ryan

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's awesome. VMP makes some great products/tunes!
Nice numbers.

txrunner

Established Member
Definitely the R888 tires compared to the Nitto for any chance of rain.
I've run both on my project cars and still have the R888 as my goto choice.

What kind of boost did your car make during those runs? Do you have long tube headers or stock manifolds?

Great numbers!
Ryan

17# boost. Stock headers

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Looks good nice numbers!!

I wonder why some cars spin on the dyno and some dont?

mork678

Established Member
Just got my car back after VMP blower install. Pretty happy with the results. Guess that my next upgrades will be a new clutch & tires. Final results were 606rwhp & 544 tq. The dyno shows torque coming on a little slower because he had to roll on the gas a little because the wheels were spinning on the dyno.

b4b3b10d68964d4ba734fd29ebcadf6b.jpg
078f96ef8a8fa53c38d0552086bbc2e1.jpg

Check out the base dyno numbers on my pullied Eaton in 40 degree weather. Put down 506 tq! That's 30lb/ft more that when I originally had it dyno'd in 90 degree weather.

How much total was it with tuning?

Users who are viewing this thread