Fricken Dealers!

CHILLY WILLY

Established Member
Ok I finally found an everyday driver I want to get that I thought would be no problem. I have always liked the 93 K1500 Blazers. I found one that I really like at a Ford dealer. Well they were asking $9950 for it. It has new tires and rims on it as well as 127,766 miles (that's only about 9855 miles a year).

Anyways, I run a carfax on it and everything turns out great! Then I use the KBB suggested retail of the vehicle. The KBB suggested retail (this takes into account dealer profit, ads, etc.), even after I added options that weren't even on the Blazer, was only $6160 :shrug:

So, I call the dealer up to ask him 2 questions. 1) Can I take the vehicle out for a test drive to my mechanic 2) Would you be able to come down in price closer to what the vehicle is supposed to be

Well ofcourse the lowest he will go is $8500 because he thinks that is what he will get for it. What the **** is that shit? :fm: He wants to make a huge profit on a vehicle that is not even close to what he is asking for it :loser: Hell if he would have gotten it down to ~$7500 I would be happy :idea:

Sorry, for the rant, but dealers flippen piss me off sometimes :cuss:

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Buy a car somewhere else. Drive to the dealership and have the manager come look at your new car. Explain to him why you purchased somewhere else and why you will not recommend his dealership to others.

CHILLY WILLY

Established Member
DaleM said:
Buy a car somewhere else. Drive to the dealership and have the manager come look at your new car. Explain to him why you purchased somewhere else and why you will not recommend his dealership to others.

Ya, that would be a good idea. To bad I can't find another 1 I am looking for. Funny thing is in a town only like 20 min away they have a teal one with only 90k miles on it for like 2k less. To bad I don't like the color

Users who are viewing this thread