Friday Night Drags

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
Ok I found the schedule. Does anyone know if they're going?

Next Friday night to determine the baddest street car in Atlanta as the King of the street takes over AMS.

We’re looking for the killers. We’re looking for the sleepers. We’re looking for the hands-down, bad to the bone, more power than you could possibly need, street runners to take on the 32-car King of the Street Challenge.

It’s easy, just shoot me an e-mail and let us know what kind of ride you have. No matter how fast, we’re looking to set up the closest 32-field we can find.

[email protected], or hit us on the contact page. I'll set up any grudge match you have, so let's hear about that arch nemesis that stole your girlfriend.

The Street Warriorz series is the most hardcore street racing series in the nation. The parties are based around fans as participants in the event as opposed to spectators. Non-elimination grudge racing gives the opportunity for anyone in the venue to street race their street-legal cars without tickets or cops. United States Auto Sound Competition has been involved with the series from its inception in 2005 and is the draw for the show car scene, involving some of the most respected clubs in the country and involves local organizations in up-to 29 category shows with trophies for the top three in each. The Outlaw SPL portion of the show is one of the most explosive new creations in the show circuit. This car stereo competition is the basis of all bragging rights in car audio and proves the hardcore reputation as the organization that’s “breaking glass and taking names.”

The party will take over 21 cities in the 2008 season including some of the hottest dragstrips and venues. With live DJ’s, sponsor midway, burnout contests, and stage shows including the Barely Legal Bikini Contest all added into the mix, the underground of car culture has finally been given a venue for hardcore competition.

Ted Austad

Event Promotions Coordinator

Atlanta Motor Speedway

770-946-3954 office

www.atlantamotorspeedway.com

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY

Street Warriorz Drag Racing & Car Show

May 30

Thursday Thunder Season Opener

June 5

Friday Night Drags Season Opener

June 6

2nd Annual Goodguys Rod & Custom Southern Nationals

June 13, 14 and 15

Dukes Fest ’08 and Hazzard County Fair

June 28 and 29

Major League of Monster Trucks

July 6

Pep Boys Auto 500 weekend

October 24, 25 and 26

Reserve your seats today!

Call 770-946-4211.

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I just looked at it and it looks like I could run in Domestic, Domestic Advanced or Sportsman depending on what tire I run. I think Street Outlaw would be way out of my league.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Same here, none of the classes line up with my truck. Without times it's kinda pointless IMO anyways but it's something to do. I just wish they'd go ahead and build a 1/4 mile track there already!

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
I just looked at it and it looks like I could run in Domestic, Domestic Advanced or Sportsman depending on what tire I run. I think Street Outlaw would be way out of my league.

Yeah I got to thinking about it afterwards, and that could include a bunch of fast cars in Street Outlaw. It'd still be worth a shot for you in one of the domestic classes. I was just planning on going to watch anyway. It's something different than Reynolds.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Same here, none of the classes line up with my truck. Without times it's kinda pointless IMO anyways but it's something to do. I just wish they'd go ahead and build a 1/4 mile track there already!

If you're looking for a time it definately isn't the place to go, but if you're looking for a little competition or just to spectate it's a blast. We went last year and it was alot of fun. It's pretty much nonstop action. It may have actually been year before last when we took the Rambler up there. It came down to him and a turbo stang at the end, but the battery died on the Rambler and killed the car. You should at least check it out once if you haven't already.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Yeah I got to thinking about it afterwards, and that could include a bunch of fast cars in Street Outlaw. It'd still be worth a shot for you in one of the domestic classes. I was just planning on going to watch anyway. It's something different than Reynolds.

I agree we had alot of fun last time we went.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I went to the very first event 3 years ago, it was the biggest cluster **** I've ever seen, took me almost 2 hours to get in and I've never gone back. I know it's much more organized now but there were also several vehicles stolen from there last year which sucked.

You guys have fun and be safe.

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
I went to the very first event 3 years ago, it was the biggest cluster **** I've ever seen, took me almost 2 hours to get in and I've never gone back. I know it's much more organized now but there were also several vehicles stolen from there last year which sucked.

You guys have fun and be safe.

Yeah last year was the first time I went, and it did seem a little unorganized but maybe this year will be better. We always drive a beater over there anyway, but it would still suck if it got stolen!
If you take beer make sure to use the appropriate sized cooler! Ours was too big last time. lol :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread