Friendly Rivalry

07vert

Established Member
STI vs. Shelby

'12 GT500 vs '09 STI

Shelby is pulled with a catless xpipe, catback, intake and SCT with jon lund tune on pump gas (camera car)

STI has built short block, FP Red (35R), equal length header, 44mm EWG, FMIC, full fuel system, tuned with a Cobb Accessport on E85

filmed in Mexico on a closed course.

[youtube_browser]xYdGi_i84gA&list[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
Love sweet STI. What you putting out?

Cause you just waxed a 650rwhp Shelby (just a guess, maybe 700?)

07vert

Established Member
Love sweet STI. What you putting out?

Cause you just waxed a 650rwhp Shelby (just a guess, maybe 700?)

it's only got an upper pulley, but it did 530 on a very low reading mustang, mine did 470 on the same exact dyno

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Very fast STi indeed. But unless I was going for absolute top end power, I would never be able to give up the unequal lengths. I just couldn't stand for my Subaru to sound like a turbo Civic. But just my .02, not trying to hate on you or the car. Good run. :beer:

07vert

Established Member
Very fast STi indeed. But unless I was going for absolute top end power, I would never be able to give up the unequal lengths. I just couldn't stand for my Subaru to sound like a turbo Civic. But just my .02, not trying to hate on you or the car. Good run. :beer:

it was definitely a tough decision but in the end I figured, I built a car for power, why not squeeze all the HP and TQ out of it possible, especially coming all this way...and to be honest, it really doesn't sound half bad. in the video it does sound quite like a honda, but in person it's not as high pitched, sounds more like an evo than anything else.

Last edited:

laruei

Established Member
Awesome STi man! Car really moves out!

Also I think it sounds great. But I have never been a huge fan of the way boxers sound.. then again Im not a fan of mud flaps on a cobra either :pop: :bash:

Strauss95

Established Member
Nice STi, rolls out for sure! How much boost are you running on the E85?

I have an 09 as well and it's currently at Wicked Innovation getting the block built. I cracked a ringland in cylinder #4. Hope to have it back by the end of the month, I really miss my car!

07vert

Established Member
Nice STi, rolls out for sure! How much boost are you running on the E85?

I have an 09 as well and it's currently at Wicked Innovation getting the block built. I cracked a ringland in cylinder #4. Hope to have it back by the end of the month, I really miss my car!

26 PSI

Doesnt sound bad with the equal lengths. Im sure it makes up for it in power. Nice

Quick car. Nice build.

Car moves out.

Thanks guys! all much appreciated.

07vert

Established Member
Can you post some engine bay pics?

heres what she looks like from the outside

914669_1384303031850969_65432125_n.jpg

i don't have any recent pictures of the bay, it's nothing special. stock location FP Red, stock intake manifold, FMS FMIC piping coated red and a crawford AOS

Users who are viewing this thread