Front and rear sway bar removal and installation.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Ok my car did not come with either the front nor the rear sway bars.
I am planning on fixing this sometime this week, however I need to know what size sockets or wrenches will I need to remove these from another can and swap em to mine?
I believe the front end links are 15mm and the two brackets that hold the bar to the frame are 16mm is this correct?

Now what size are the nuts and bolts for the rear end?
I am gonna head to a junk yard and pull the brackets needed to do the swap, I have a few 99-04 cars out here that are junked but not from a wreck and I plan on taking the hardware off of these cars and transferring them to mine.
So if you got torque specs as well id be grateful. Thanks guys!

Tommy Z

Established Member
Does yours not even have the brackets? If not, I can crawl under mine and get the sizes for you. I'll be home in an hour or so.

If you're pulling them off of old cars, there's a good chance the bushings will be shot or well on their way. Maximum Motorsports carries a bunch of replacement options.

On another note, is your car lowered? If so, I recommend getting the shorter sway bar links to correct the geometry. Very cheap and worthwhile fix.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Does yours not even have the brackets? If not, I can crawl under mine and get the sizes for you. I'll be home in an hour or so.

If you're pulling them off of old cars, there's a good chance the bushings will be shot or well on their way. Maximum Motorsports carries a bunch of replacement options.

On another note, is your car lowered? If so, I recommend getting the shorter sway bar links to correct the geometry. Very cheap and worthwhile fix.

No brackets at all, only thing I got on my car is the studs that are in the frame. So im trying to snatch a pair of mounts. The bushings im fine with since i can buy new ones. But right now my budget tells me to die in a fire when it comes to buying new brackets. Id greatly appreciate the help brother. Just need to know bolt/nut sizes, torque specs would be nice but im sure I can find those with ease. Every walk-thru ive found on these things shows you how to remove em....but not the nut/bolt sizes. And im trying to do things by memory off my old fox body and yeah that isnt optimal

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Dude. Completely forgot yesterday, sorry! If you still need any sizes to anything, let me know. I'll put an alarm on my phone to remind me.

Ill still need em. I just barely got home, my little one had a doc appointment today that i completely forgot about, so no bone yard diving for me

Tommy Z

Established Member
Front Sway Bar:
Brackets - 16mm deep socket
Links - 14mm. May need a deep socket as well. Can't remember how far the stock ones are threaded on.

Rear Sway Bar:
Lower Control Arm - 13mm

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Front Sway Bar:
Brackets - 16mm deep socket
Links - 14mm. May need a deep socket as well. Can't remember how far the stock ones are threaded on.

Rear Sway Bar:
Lower Control Arm - 13mm

Sweet! Thanks brother you rock! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread