Front belt tensioner pulley

KVN03

The Darkside Rocks!
Established Member
I need alittle feedback on this, I figure this would be the place to go to get the answer. My tensioner pulley has given out but when I've been looking to replace everyone only has the smooth pulley on the tensioner not the ribbed? anyone had to deal with this problem before?

AMB

Established Member
Front Belt Tensioner

You should be able to use your OLD ribbed pulley on your NEW tensioner. You can uae the RIBBED tensioner from the Lightin Truck.

KVN03

The Darkside Rocks!
Established Member
That's my problem. It's not the tensioner that's bad...It's the pulley. I have'nt been able to locate just the pulley anywhere

jumperjack

Established Member
That's my problem. It's not the tensioner that's bad...It's the pulley. I have'nt been able to locate just the pulley anywhere
I have some extra 6 rib pulleys laying around not sure if they are off the tensioner so just measure the pulley and if i have one i will send it to you. just p.m. me with the info let me know if i can help.
jack

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Just buy the RR spring assist tensioner. It's definatly one of the best mods i ever did. You can change belts in a matter of seconds, and you never have to worry about loose or tight belts ever again.

KVN03

The Darkside Rocks!
Established Member
I have some extra 6 rib pulleys laying around not sure if they are off the tensioner so just measure the pulley and if i have one i will send it to you. just p.m. me with the info let me know if i can help.
jack

Thanks Jack, I will do that. I've been doing some research in the mean time. The stock tensioner pulley is a ribbed pulley, I don't know why they are being sold with a smooth pulley.

I will also check into the RR tensioner, I have heard good things about it.

Users who are viewing this thread