Front Brakes

SnakeBitten07

Established Member
Here's the bottom line: HAWK HP+ PADS SUCK DONKEY DICK, and nobody who who's ever really used them hard on a Mustang's brakes will tell you otherwise. The brake upgrade people love them though, because everyone who uses them says "man, I have these fancy-pants pads, and my brakes suck, I must need a better brake system" And the brake upgrade people say "sure thing, step right over here and shell out $2500+ for a bigger brake system".

But 98% of the time, the rotors they already have are more than they'll ever need, they just need a pad that doesn't suck. If I had $10 for every person I've seen spend $2500 on a brake problem they could have cured with $200 worth of better pads, I could have retired rich by now. Slap a set of Raybestos ST47's on there and prepare to pray to a new god.

How does the fact that she's used the same pad on PBR calipers before with no issues factor into this?

Granted, the HP+ is labelled as an auto-x pad, but I still don't see how they worked with PBR's and not with Brembo calipers. Ana, did something else in your setup change when you went to the Brembos? Wheels/tires/etc?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
nothing changed on the rest of the car other then me driving it much harder last season because we fixed the high speed vibration it had before.

wmfateam

Established Member
I bought some Wilwood ProMatrix pads, will be able to comment in a couple months. I believe they are more street focused vs track.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
well, I got a set of Stoptech cross drilled and slotted rotors for really cheap and combined with Raybestos ST-43 in the front and Stoptech Street Performance pads in the rear.

Driving on the street and on track, what a difference! No fading at all, feels great all the time and works perfect. BUT, really really loud, louder than a freight train doing an emergency stop!

so I figured for street duty I'll swap to the OEM Cobra R pads that came with the calipers to get rid of the noise, still stops great BUT also very loud (actually almost no difference to the ST-43).

I don't mind a bit of noise but this is unbearable.

any suggestions what pads I could use for the street? I was looking for the Posi-Quiet pads but they don't seem to be available for the R calipers?

right now I'm not driving the car at all because of this, it is that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread