Front Brakes.

Rel

Established Member
My front passenger caliper decided to malfunction for whatever reason.

The Front inner pad also decided to fall out along with all the fluid.

But I did Have to drive the car home so it had no fluid in it and im sure its full of air.

I have new cobra calipers,rotors,pads that im installing. Did I **** up the master cylinder by driving with no fluid? ITS NOT INSTALLED YET.

I read somewhere I have to get the ABS unit cycled from the dealer or something like that? To properly get the air out..

What should I do.

Last edited:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
emergency brake.. they are cable driven, for just such problems.. ;)

95 model, i dont beleive you have to do a ABS sevice bleed, i would have to go upstairs and get the book if so. but if you ran the master cyl. dry, you will probably have to take it off, bench bleed it, then keep adding fluid as you bleed each corner. once you have all the air out, drive it and hit the brakes hard to cycle the ABS, if it acts stupid, you may have to take it to a dealer to have them re-bleed and do a ABS service bleed.

Rel

Established Member
Engine braking combined with holding the pedal all the way down... Then if that didnt work pulled the e brake.

Would I need a new master cylinder?
Im gonna call the dealer for a quote on doing the abs bleeding.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
shouldnt, just needs to have all the air bled from it first, before you start at the calipers. but if its all still hooked up, put your new calipers and etc. on, then start at RR, then LR, RF, and LF with bleeding. then go drive around the block and see what happens. if its not right, its gonna take alot more bleeding to get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread