Front Break Pads

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
I recently stumbled across a piece of paper that I wrote "Raybestos Ceramic Pads -ZERO BRAKE DUST" on. Information that I got from a MACA thread that's long since forgotten, but that I recall coming from a reliable source. Zero brake dust must be a VERY attractive feature to me - I can tell because I wrote it in all caps. I never do that!

Anyone wanna own up to that claim???

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hawk hps works well. Ebc does good too!

I have HPS and they are nice, but a tad dusty.

I remember hearing somewhere that ceramic weren't that great for stopping power, but just for low noise and dust.

Personally, I'm not gonna buy performance parts like brake pads and rotors for my GT at a NAPA or AutoZone. Check out what Tire Rack has.

Oh, BTW. It's BRAKE pads. :D

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I have HPS and they are nice, but a tad dusty.
+1 I also have Hawks ceramics and they do dust up the rims. I went with them expecting a GREAT change but dont really see one. I mean, my wheels use to get almost dark grey off the OEM pads after maybe 2 or 3 trips of driving the car. Now with the ceramics I can do may 5 or 6 trips before i really notice. So i guess there is some truth to the "low brake dust" claim.

I remember hearing somewhere that ceramic weren't that great for stopping power, but just for low noise and dust.

Cant really say about stopping power... I upgraded my rotors after only driving on the brakes for 2 days. They stop pretty damn hard to me!

As for noise though, i got some terrible squeeling from the front. I asked a brake mechanic and he said its because i didn't apply any brake cusion ("brake quiet") to the back of the pad. "The noise is coming from the pads vibrating at a very high rate, not from contact of the pad with the rotor." - mechanic

I wouldn't know, this is the first time i've changed brakes - EVER!

Velcro!:rockon:

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
EBC Greens and a set of new stock brembo rotors here. Noticeable improvement in pedal feel. While your in there I'd get a set of stainless steel brake lines for the front and you'll love the improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread