front bumper cover sag!?!

'96LaserRed

Established Member
do any of you have a problem with your front bumper cover sagging? I might be too anal, but you can lift mine up about .5 an inch before it hits the headlight. any solutions?

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Personally, I'd check the mounting hardware. Something may be loose, misaligned, or a bolt hole wallowed-out letting the cover slide up and down the hole. jmo Mine doesn't move ...

Dan

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I believe the front bumper cover is made of urethane.

Urethane is great, and can resist a good amount of abuse compared to fiberglass, but it does warp from sun/heat damage. This is quite common with stock urethane pieces, and I don't know if you can fix it other than getting a new bumper cover.

Paul

FATAL4.6

Exhaust Driven
Established Member
yeah dude its urethane. Any fiberlass parts low or on the front of your car won't take any abuse...

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Another vote for checking the hardware. My 95 doesn't sag at all, however it has led a sheltered life as it stays out of the sun as much as possible. Also, i actually use my garage to park my vehicles rather than use it as a storage shed :rollseyes so it sees minimal sunlight during the mornings and weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread