Front coil spring sleeves

01GTB

Established Member
So I've had all this BMR stuff to lower my car for three years. Finally got around to it last weekend. Got the back done but found out my "brand new" 6R3Z-5L302-A spring sleeves had fallen apart in the Ford bag. The local dealer ordered me some more and called Tuesday to say the ones he got were even worse..turning to powder. So he ordered yet another pair and those did exactly the same thing.

Five have had the date code 3/11/06 and one 7/15/06. I checked with another dealer who had ten and he went and checked them. When he asked if they were supposed to be multiple pieces I knew he had the same thing going on.

What the hell do you do? Anyone come up with an alternative? Would like to finish this.

Kytann

Established Member
For the rear?
They sell some generic branded ones at Autozone. I used those. It's just a silicone sleeve, fairly universal fit.

BMR Tech 2

You can reuse the set from your stock springs, get some heater hose to fit around the first coil, or just leave them off. I've been reusing my stock set (from 2008) and haven't had them fall apart on me. They've been reused over 3 or 4 spring swaps. Heater hose is a little redneck, but it works. 4th gen Camaro guys do it all the time. :p

No isolators isn't really my favorite, but you shouldn't have any additional NVH without them.

Users who are viewing this thread