Front Control Arm Bushing/Replacement

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Well, after speaking to the service adviser about the control arm creeky/noise tsb, he refused warranty work due to me having a tubular k member. (i spoke to him before letting him look at the car). Question is, is there any difference between the regular boss 302 vs gt control arm? I know the 302s does, but dont want to spend the $500. Has anyone installed just the aftermarket poly bushing on their stock control arms? Is kind of the direction i'm heading since I did the same with the rear sway bar bushings and it made a huge difference. Just want some advise to see how much of a PITA it is to replace just the bushings, otherwise i'll just order a new arm through tasca.

Thanks everyone!

Swiss Boss

Established Member
I did it. It's a huge PITA to remove the stock bushing. I won't do it again and prefer to spend the 500$.
I installed the Prothane one.
Boss 302 and GT arm are the same.

One the other hand, Steeda is selling a set of arm with poly bushing already installed.
http://www.steeda.com/11-mustang-front-lower-control-arms-with-bushings-777-4900/

I've got a set for sale if you want but it needs new balljoints. PM me for more infos

BMR Tech 2

I agree with Swiss Boss, removing the bushings on the OEM arms is a huge pain in the butt. Expect to spend several hours just removing the bushings. It's much easier and time effective to just swap the arms vs swapping bushings.

We have a set or a-arms that are lighter than the stamped steel version offered by Steeda, and also retain the OEM ball joint height, so if you don't want taller ball joints, you don't have to get them. For the same price you get lighter arms and stronger ball joints than OEM, with poly and delrin bushings. We have tall ball joints available, but they are more trouble than they're worth for the majority of people out there. If you end up going with tall ball joints, make sure you pick up a bump steer kit as well.

http://bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=973&superpro=0

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Mine were replaced by Mustang Don's Garage, so I can't comment on installation difficulty. I believe one of the bushings were from prothane, not sure what brand/type the other bushing was. But I can tell you what differences I felt after the install.

On the drive home from the shop, I immediately felt the increased feedback through the steering wheel. Which on (very) bumpy roads means a little more shake in the steering wheel than usual, but nothing harsh. On track, the additional feedback felt great and gave me a little extra confidence during turn-in. IMO, it's worth upgrading if you track your car.

Last edited:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Well, after speaking to the service adviser about the control arm creeky/noise tsb, he refused warranty work due to me having a tubular k member. (i spoke to him before letting him look at the car

That's bs. Go to a different dealer. For what it's worth mine have been quiet forever now but not until the 3rd set. It was bad before. Started at about 5000 miles. Then back about 5000 miles later I'd guess. Then another replace with what I guess had the heat shields on them and all good for well over 25k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread