Front end lift

jk57

Established Member
When i do a wot on the highway the front end seem to lift up making it drift or unstable is this a common trait with the s197s? as my 2012 3.7 did the same thing as my 2012 gt does ...The car is stock base with 23000 mile on it anyone else experience this ?

vans5oh

This is normal. Its called squat. Whenever a car launches forward, takes of, or rapidly changes speed there is a weight transfer to the rear tires causing the front end to lift. The same thing happens under braking called dive. Dive is just the opposite, weight is transferred to the front wheels. I'm willing to bet you've experienced that as well. The amount of weight transfer is related to the change in speed in either direction (squat or dive). The cars come with some pretty soft springs from the factory, which is expected. You can minimize the movement by changing out your springs.

jk57

Established Member
Thanks for the info ... other than the springs would better rear Lower control arms help ?

vans5oh

Rear LCAs can help if you actually change the mounting locations or geometry. LCAs are changed mostly to control wheel hop. Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge could correct me if I'm wrong on this or give some more info.

jk57

Established Member
I still have the stock ones on it 23000 miles on the car plus I have bmr Lca I might put on as well

Users who are viewing this thread