Front Fascia Fix info needed please

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
One more project I'm gonna hopefully get to this winter is the fascia fix....Does anybody have the drawing and pics for this mod? I can grab the fascia and shake it up and down about 2" :fm: :mj: :gt: :cuss:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
One more project I'm gonna hopefully get to this winter is the fascia fix....Does anybody have the drawing and pics for this mod? I can grab the fascia and shake it up and down about 2" :fm: :mj: :gt: :cuss:

Ask and you will recieve. These are Kevins fix

kevinfaciafix2.jpg

kevinfaciafix3.jpg

facia1.jpg

These are mine:

facia4.jpg

facia2.jpg

Kevins fix is more complicated but works better. I am gona add some more bracing over the winter.

Andy M

Established Member
Ken,

I've got the same exact fix on my R as Kevin... not surprising we both got ours done at Kenny Bumbera Performance in Houston? I think Joe's car was also done there?

Trust me on this, the front fascia ain't movin any time soon now with this new bracing on it!! They did a great job!

Mine was moving up and down alot when I first bought it also. There is not much holding the entire front assembly on the car in stock form.

kevin

Re: Re: Front Fascia Fix info needed please

Originally posted by Cobra-R

Ask and you will recieve. These are Kevins fix

kevinfaciafix2.jpg

kevinfaciafix3.jpg

facia1.jpg

These are mine:

facia4.jpg

facia2.jpg

Kevins fix is more complicated but works better. I am gona add some more bracing over the winter.

why am i not able to see these photos????????

Andy M

Established Member
Kevin,

Try this...

Go to the top menu on our page... click on "User CP" then click on "Edit options" then scroll down and make sure you have answered "YES" to the option which lets you view images inside of posts.

Let me know if this works, and you can thank me later! ;-) I know?, I need some new jack stands for XMAS!!! ;-) :bash: :bash: :bash:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
thanks guys....since i have the flat stock at work (cnc machine shop) I'll probably do a hybrid of brian's and kevin's....maybe something going up at a 45 degree angle for added strength....but these pics gave me what I needed....

Sophbuster

NJ2000R,

Did you ever get anywhere with what you were going to do? If so I may wait to do anything to mine until after the 17th.

Thanks,

Colby

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Its up on jacks right now....installing the bassani exhaust and IRS brace, then I'll look at the front fascia.....I'll keep you posted.....

Cobra-R

Established Member
Guys,
If you happen to be interested in doing the bracing simular to the way I did it, I have added two braces over the winter and it is as solid as a wall now. If you are interested, let me know and I can take some pictures of the braces that I added. It has yet to be track tested, but I have felt Kevins and mine is every bit as stiff as his I believe. (don't take that the wrong way):dw: :dw: :dw: :dw:

Brian

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
...........there are some places I just dont go..........

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

but by all means, post photos when ya can....

Cobra-R

Established Member
...........there are some places I just dont go..........

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I will see if I can get some pics taken tonight. :D :D :D

Sophbuster

After looking over Kevin's drawing again. I don't see how the brace would really keep the front end from pushing down. Unless the bumper foam is an important part of the system. I just don't see the bracing supporting much downward pressure. It seems like it would support pressure forcing the fascia backward. But if its been tested and it works, then I can't say that it doesn't work. I guess I just don't understand. :) I need more pictures! :D

Colby

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Hey, if it works for Kevin, it'll be more than sufficient for the rest of us.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Sophbuster
After looking over Kevin's drawing again. I don't see how the brace would really keep the front end from pushing down. Unless the bumper foam is an important part of the system. I just don't see the bracing supporting much downward pressure. It seems like it would support pressure forcing the fascia backward. But if its been tested and it works, then I can't say that it doesn't work. I guess I just don't understand. :) I need more pictures! :D

Colby
Colby,

I had the same exact mod done on my R and by the same mechanic - at Kenny Bumbera Performance in Houston. In fact Joe Johnson also had his done there. So all three of us have this same fix on our car.

All I can say is... the front end on my R used to move up and down at least an inch or two before the fix and does not budge a millimeter now... You can take your hand and apply as much downforce on the bumper as you like - even stand on it, and she won't move. Just ask Joe or Kevin what it was like before they had this mod done... They both indicated a severe vibration coming from the front of the car when reaching speeds above 100. Basically the splitter and the lack of good support on the fascia were causing the entire front end of the car to move up and down with turbulence. No turbulence now!!! :)

Bottom line, if done correctly, this is a very worthwhile modification... especially if you will run your car on the track.

Cobra-R

Established Member

Here are the pics I promised you. I hope you can make sense of what I did here, but basically I made braces going from the two bottom braces in the pictures a few posts back up to the frame behind the bumper. It is very solid now with virtually no movement at all when you put weight on the front fascia.

fascia-refix.jpg

facia-refix4.jpg

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Brian, Looks good....I was under mine tonight checking things out....the lower brace along with an angled or vertical support will stiffen it right up....

see, I had to look at the front fascia fix after rounding off the header flange nut while attempting to remove the stock X pipe :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

and everything was going so well up to that point!!!!

:mj: :gt: :cuss: :fm:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Brian, Looks good....I was under mine tonight checking things out....the lower brace along with an angled or vertical support will stiffen it right up....

see, I had to look at the front fascia fix after rounding off the header flange nut while attempting to remove the stock X pipe :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

and everything was going so well up to that point!!!!

:mj: :gt: :cuss: :fm:

Ahh, the header bolt, that one nut is a bugger. I did the same thing, Ken. I wish you luck, I ended up comming thru the wheel well with a chisel to get the nut loose. :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :mj:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Yep, thats my plan of attack....It only took me an hour and a half to drop everything else....including getting the rubber hangers off the borla system....man those things are tuff, lol....a little dab of lubriplate and twisting like mad and they were off....

kevin

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Guys,
If you happen to be interested in doing the bracing simular to the way I did it, I have added two braces over the winter and it is as solid as a wall now. If you are interested, let me know and I can take some pictures of the braces that I added. It has yet to be track tested, but I have felt Kevins and mine is every bit as stiff as his I believe. (don't take that the wrong way):dw: :dw: :dw: :dw:

Brian

:D :D

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M
Colby,

I had the same exact mod done on my R and by the same mechanic - at Kenny Bumbera Performance in Houston. In fact Joe Johnson also had his done there. So all three of us have this same fix on our car.

All I can say is... the front end on my R used to move up and down at least an inch or two before the fix and does not budge a millimeter now... You can take your hand and apply as much downforce on the bumper as you like - even stand on it, and she won't move. Just ask Joe or Kevin what it was like before they had this mod done... They both indicated a severe vibration coming from the front of the car when reaching speeds above 100. Basically the splitter and the lack of good support on the fascia were causing the entire front end of the car to move up and down with turbulence. No turbulence now!!! :)

Bottom line, if done correctly, this is a very worthwhile modification... especially if you will run your car on the track.

i can only reiterate this. the support under the hood that the fascia attaches to broke in two places and the fascia/splitter had about 6 inches of down or up movement (about 12 inches total). i was black flagged when it broke. the fix supprts the fascia off the frame and is right at the point where the splitter attaches.

the stock front will break with sustained speeds over 150. there's always more than one way to skin a cat. but, like andy said - this fix works. joej saw the damage done to my car at the time it happened. he got his fix done after mine and before he broke his front end.

unfortuantly there are many weak spots on this car if you plan on serioulsy running your car. i hope i've now got them all addressed

Users who are viewing this thread