front hub bearing.. no grease??

love bandit2

Established Member
ok I was changing my brakes today and was taking the rotor off to have it turned... the ****er wasn't budging so I popped off that cap on the hub bearing so I could get my gear puller in to break the rotor free... well I popped the cap off and there was NO GREASE!! it wasn't even dirty! It looked brand new... isn't there supposed to be grease in there?

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
take a rubber mallet and tap the rotor free. it is prob just on there really good!

slosnake

Established Member
As long as the wheel bearing has grease in it you will be fine!! There should not be globs of grease in the cap!!

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I think on our years, the bearings are sealed. The rotors and hub are separate....the rotor will come off without taking off the hub.

ANIMOSITY

US ARMY RECON
Established Member
cobra4v said:
I think on our years, the bearings are sealed. The rotors and hub are separate....the rotor will come off without taking off the hub.

+1
if you need new bearings you replace the whole hub, its easier then doing the bearing. The hub runs about $60

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
cobra4v said:

Yes^^^^^^^^^sealed bearings.

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread