Front of intercooler connection??

Tight Lines

Established Member
Wondering if somebody could explain what this connection is and why it is seeping oil. I noticed the front of the SC was getting dirty and was trying to figure out why. After looking around the little hose connected under the SC seems to have some seepage of a dark fluid like oil. Picture has a circle around it. Can someone tell me what this connection is and why it may have seepage/leaking? Thanks.
E664B479-B006-48A3-99DB-FBDDB91B88C4_zpsdg3pgw3z.gif

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
That is the boost pressure line from your intake manifold. It feeds manifold pressure to the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail and aftermarket boost guages. The oil you are seeing is most likely motor oil passing through the PCV system and through the intercooler. If it is just a little oil, I would not be too concerned. An oil catch can on the passenger side valve cover to supercharger line should help limit the oil blow-by.

rjm-1

Established Member
Boost sensor tubing. Just pop it off and wipe any excess of the end of the nipple and make sure the end of the plastic tubing is not split or damaged. You should not see any oil seeping from there although there may be small oil deposits on the nipple when the tubing is removed. You certainly should not see oil dripping out from the nipple!

Tight Lines

Established Member
I appreciate the quick responses. I will clean it up and check it out. I do have a catch can on the passenger side.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
If you have a JLT oil separator, did you upgrade the internal filter screen? I upgraded both of mine a while back for free (thanks Tucker) and noticed a significant increase in oil captured in the canister on the passenger side. My driver side canister remains dry.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That is the boost pressure line from your intake manifold. It feeds manifold pressure to the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail and aftermarket boost guages. The oil you are seeing is most likely motor oil passing through the PCV system and through the intercooler. If it is just a little oil, I would not be too concerned. An oil catch can on the passenger side valve cover to supercharger line should help limit the oil blow-by.

That is the perfect response. Well done.

Tight Lines

Established Member
Thanks guys really appreciate the responses. I did upgrade the filter in my JLT. Thanks Tucker too. :)

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
This past weekend, I had to remove my supercharger throttle body and elbow to swap out to larger fuel injectors. The elbow has almost no oil accumulated on it, like the last time I had to do that and both events at the same mileage levels. JLT's oil separator filter upgrade is doing a phenominal job with oil control.

That inlet is below the supercharger but is above the intercooler which not only registers boost, but also registers vacuum when the by pass valve is open. This is where you would tap into to install a boost/vacuum gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread