front plate dilema solved...

everythintek

Established Member
hopefully a mod of mine more will enjoy...

7_46230.jpg

so i have been stalling on my front plate mount for too long... and i read an interesting post where the guy drilled under the bumper lip instead of in the face.. i liked it but didnt know what i was going to do... so a little trip to autozone turned out well....

heres the pics...

IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4965.jpg

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

and if i want to take off the plate for some reason all i have to do is rotate the bracket backwards and all you will see is the side posts...

cheap and easy took me 5 minutes... i strongly recommend this to those that dont want to add the front plate directly on the front.... but dont wanna fork out the dough for the hide a way ones..

oh and the bracket can be found here:
http://www.bellautomotive.com/asp/pr...s.asp?id=25345

the top bolt rubber gromets are here:
The Hillman Group at Lowe's: Well Nuts 1/4-20

everythintek

Established Member
i really dont want to... but i also dont want to be pulled over for it, and they are crackin down here in wa.

its a compromise and i like how it turned out.

SpectorV

Established Member
there is another method that someone put up on here that comes off in like 10 seconds and requires no drilling~ it attaches under the edge of the bumper like that some how~

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
What holds it on? Double stick tape? :shrug: I would think that it would fall off!

I would go with one of Craigs brackets. (That's what I did :-D) [See Post 9] :read:

283274.jpg

283275.jpg

283279.jpg

283282.jpg

283506.jpg

283505.jpg

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
If I had custom plates then maybe I wouldnt mind so much. But until then no front plate for me.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been running without my front plate for 4 months now, driven past many, many cops, both state and local, and have only been bothered once. I'm still carrying the busted ass plate from when I ran the car into a ditch in the snow (Doh), so I showed the officer that, told him I'm still waiting on the new plate from DMV, and I was on my way. I figure that excuse will work until I get pulled over by the same officer twice......

Until then, no front plate for me. It will probably take me a few $50 tickets before I consider putting it on the car....

everythintek

Established Member
that was my thought too, but with my plates i like it. its really not as bad with my setup, i know that if i ever want to take it off no holes will be shown. i have too many fix it ticket things on my car that i thinks its a wise choice for me.

Users who are viewing this thread