Front plate - let the dogpile begin

nduction03

Established Member
Let the dogpile and flaming begin!!!! I now have two warnings about not having a front plate.

Does anyone make a decent looking bracket. I just can't bring myself to mount the ugly MF one Ford provides!!

Help for the desperate.

i8u

Established Member
PM vintageporsche or try a search. He did a custom bracket for his. I got a ticket the day I got the car and decides to rivit the dang thing onto my beautiful bumper. My bumber is no longer a virgin.:cryying: :cryying: :cryying: Good luck!:beer:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
1. MGW Billet License Plate Frame (Solar Black Anodize)
2. SVTOA Metal License Plate Frame

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Anyone seen a "L" bracket or something we can bolt on without drilling holes in the bumper?:shrug: thats about the only way mine will see a front plate..

Last edited:

TPOC

Established Member
Originally posted by nduction03
One DPS on George Bush, one from City of McKinney.

Were you stopped for no front license plate, or for something else?

nduction03

Established Member
George bush = 80 in 60, warning. Said to slow it down, nice car. McKinney = Exhibition of speed (front stop sign).

My fault both times for drawing attention to myself..........

TPOC

Established Member
Originally posted by nduction03
George bush = 80 in 60, warning. Said to slow it down, nice car. McKinney = Exhibition of speed (front stop sign).

My fault both times for drawing attention to myself..........

That's what I thought. They usually won't stop you for the license plate. I was pulled over in my '97 awhile back, and was givin' a warning as well, and I was also speeding. That's what he pulled me over for, and then noticed the missing plate.

DPS has to hand out so many warnings, so that may have just been a fluke.

nduction03

Established Member
It's what I get for having the Yellow, really stands out. Seems to me someone would make a little money for a $30 bracket for the front, chrome it, etch it, whatever, just so long as it didn't look really dorky. And please, I don't want to hear "it will cost me .01 in the quarter!" The biggest thing that will improve my times is to stop going by Whataburger...hehe.

coleman

Established Member
i want to see some more images of VintagePorschesG's hidden front mount...

i've got all the parts, i just need to see how he mounts it underneath -- i just can't see it :??:

VintagePorscheG, please post some more pics!

Jevans74

Established Member
When I got pulled over by DPS for not having a front plate I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was specifically pulled over for not having a front plate. He didn't even have his radar gun on. Doesn't matter though since I was doing 35 in a 40 when he saw me.

Jevans74

Established Member
Only thing I'm worried about with that bracket is it blocks airflow to the intercooler that is right behind it.

nduction03

Established Member
Still searching. I saw a LX today where it looked like he/she put their plate on with a couple of sheet metal screws, no bracket, no nothing. sad way for a mustang to be seen.....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Read the other thread

Read the other thread about front license plates. I have put a link in there to THE LAW .. and a way to be within the law without having to put the bracket on.... Works well up here in Austin should work the same in your area since it is a STATE law not a local ordinance.

Users who are viewing this thread