Front plate mounting options...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SN8KBYT_1

Established Member
I refuse to put a plate on the front bumper of my 03... Has anyone put it anywhere else? South Dakota is a two plate state... I dont have one on my 1993 and never been pulled over, but I dont drive it much.. I may just take my chances... I could just stick it in the front windshield after I get pulled over!

akeohan

Established Member
I don't run two here in CO, haven't gotten pulled over for it.........

04SVTMystic

Powered By Cyberdyne
Established Member
I don't run the second plate either, no issues yet. I figure it would be a tack on if I was ever pulled over for something else.

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member
Heard good reviews on that bracket. I am also waiting until I get pulled over, but for now only running the rear plate.

YGETV8

Established Member
I ran two bolts through the upper fins on the heat exchanger, nutted them in place with fiber washers (a few on the front to hold plate away from HE),painted them black, then cut two little pieces of vacuum line to fit the "studs" snugly. Can't see them with the plate off and install/removal of the plate takes 10 seconds - slide plate up from underneath, slip onto the studs and push the vacuum hose over the studs to hold in place. Works great! It's not ACTUALLY on the very front of the car, but is visible. Oh, and I only run it when I'm going to work since that's the only place I've ever been given crap about no front plate (army base). And yes, it does block airflow to the HE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread