Front seal leaking on MT-82, anyone else heard of this problem?

Mus35th

Established Member
Put 17k on my 2012 5.0 last year and never had a problem. It has been parked since December. Drove it over to my new house and jacked it up to do a few things. It probably sat on jack stands for 2 weeks before I got around to getting under it and I noticed it is dripping transmission fluid out between the bellhousing and block.

Don't see how it could be anything but the front seal. It is just odd that it started all of a sudden after sitting for 4 months - surely the seal didn't "dry up".

I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if it gets any worse...

Thought I would post up and see if anyone else heard of this happening on others. I searched online but of course the only thing that came up was the shifting issues.

I suppose if it does get worse it'll just be an excuse to upgrade the clutch when the transmission is out! ;-)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Take a really good look at it and make sure that it's not coming out of the breather in the tranny. The SVTP GT will puke oil out of it after being run hard.

Mus35th

Established Member
HTML:
Take a really good look at it and make sure that it's not coming out of the breather in the tranny. The SVTP GT will puke oil out of it after being run hard.

I'll check. Never noticed any leaks after having it out on the track for ~30 min or so - just after driving it across town after sitting for the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread