Front seat problem

KobraKimo

Established Member
What is the easiest way to take off our front seats, particularly the power drivers side? Should I try the bolts on the floor or the ones that go into the seat itself? Also the motors that power the seat only move a very tiny bit and for only a split second. They also only move in 2 directions, the other 2 directions the motors don't do anything. I'm not sure if something is blocking the path of them, maybe a dead fuse, or dead motor. :shrug: Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

KobraKimo

Established Member
I could only get the front 2 bolts off. The back 2 are becoming a pita. I think they go all the way through the floor pans. I'm going to pick up some liquid wrench today and see if that helps any.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Is it just me or does it seem like every god damn bolt on our cars is a pita. Its sickening. I went from a 5.0 to a newer car with expectations that they would be easier in that respect. I can't remember one project with my car that hasn't had me have to come up with one creative solution to breaking free a bolt.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
PM Leeuhh, she took off the seats in her car (my old 97) and it took her about ten minutes... Talk about HOT when you show up at her house and she has damn near the entire car apart... WTF!!! AWESOME!

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
When you remove the seats, it's an advantage to put the seat all the way forward to remove the rear bolts, and all the way back to remove the front bolts. Then, tip the seat forward or back to get at the electrical connectors ... seat and seat-belt wire harnesses.

KobraKimo

Established Member
Unfortunately my seat is stuck all the way back so I can't move it forward. On my way home from work I'm gonna pick up some liquid wrench and give that a try. Any input on why the motors might be acting up?

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
With the seat in full travel, you can still get the bolts out ... you may have to turn them one flat at a time with a wrench, but they'll come out.

Not sure about the motor. I'd check the wire connection and the fuse.

Speed Demon

Established Member
if the seat works at all its most likely not the fuse. it's probably just a bad motor or switch. once you get seat loose where you can get to the connectors take a test light and check to see if the motors are getting power, if they are its a bad motor if not check to make sure the switch is getting power

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
KobraKimo said:
Unfortunately my seat is stuck all the way back so I can't move it forward. On my way home from work I'm gonna pick up some liquid wrench and give that a try. Any input on why the motors might be acting up?

Deja vu... same thing happened to my seat today. Moves up and down, but not forward and back. I think it just fell off the track or something, but it's so hot here I haven't had the ambition or the time to mess with it yet.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i never even move my seat. all the way down...all the way back. otherwise my knees touch the dash
for all i know, maybe mine dosen't work anymore either

Users who are viewing this thread