Front suspension bushings when switching to coil overs

Slowbra01

Established Member
A few months ago, i bought a pair of front MM control arms with delrin bushings from a fellow svtp member. I am going to order the MM coilovers to match. This comes at a good time since the balljoint on the front passenger side has started to squeak.

My question is, are there other bushings that should be changed out in the front at this time. I figured if there are, this is the best time since the front will be apart. I am not changing the K member at this time.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Do you have the aluminum rack bushings? What about the spindle joints? Sway bar bushings? End links? Toe links? Either the MM sway bar brackets or the Steeda sway bar brackets? Steering shaft? I replaced all of it, but I'm working towards a track toy. It all depends on what your goals for the car are.

Slowbra01

Established Member
My goal for the car is for a nice handling street car with comfort still in mind.

I don't believe i have any of the things you've listed other than the bushings that are installed in the control arm that attaches to the Kmember, and it's own ball joint that attaches to the spindle.

Rack bushings - i won't upgrade that now since it is a Kmember specific part (sine i plan on getting the MM Kmember in the future).
Sway bar bushings - i can get the MM urethane bushings
End links - i can get their end links as well
Toe links - same things as tie rods? It's also Kmember specific so i don't want to do it now
Sway bar brackets - i don't think i need that for the street...or for now.
Steering shaft - i don't think i need right now or for my goal, would be nice in the future.

Thanks for the input!! Got me thinking out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread